What's a good perfume to buy my wife?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too agree that a woman's scent is very personal... for me I have two,
Wicked Wahine and Pink
both soft and "powder-y" scents. I've also found that perfumes can be too heavy and I agree with others that powders and lotions, as well as body mists are a great option.

Now, when it comes to food and/or cooking, what about a month of those meal kit subscriptions? Or snack box or cocktail/wine subscriptions?

I would LOVE to have a healthful meal, say once a week or so, that I don't have to shop for/make, nor get take out or go to a restaurant when I'm tired and just want to get into my PJ's, put my feet up with a glass of wine and relax.

Gee, could someone tell MY husband this?! ;)

He never cooks for you? I only do the shopping/cooking because my wife has a bad back (sciatica). But before when she was able to get around, I cooked maybe 2 or 3 times a week to help her out.

My wife isn't very "girly" and she ran out of perfume a couple of years ago. I figured I'd buy her a bottle of perfume/cologne for her b-day next week. She's hard to buy for. She never tells me what she wants, and when I buy her a small appliance or something, she complains that I am not romantic. lol

At the supermarket, women walk by and sometimes their perfume is really nice. I am sometimes tempted to ask what perfume they are wearing.

I asked the women at work, and they both giggled and said "it's up to the woman herself, it's very personal!" and wouldn't suggest a perfume for me to buy. Neither wear perfume to work.

What's a good perfume?
A "good perfume" is one which suits your wife. Best to take her with you when you shop. Otherwise, go to a good perfumerie store or the counters in a good department store and talk to the assistant. Beware, though, of them trying to sell what they have top commission on!

Whatever you do, don't tell your wife that Mary (or whatever her best friend is called) smelled lovely last week - you are liable to get a "thick ear" ;)

Another point is that something that suited her when she was 20 may not suit her when she's 50 - it's all to do with body chemistry.

Price isn't entirely a guide to a good perfume. If the perfume is very new and fashionable it will be expensive and some perfumes which are older may be less expensive but just as good. If it's nasty you'll know!

There's a quiz to help you choose on Beauty Tips, Product Reviews, and News from Total Beauty to help you choose a perfume. Google "how to choose a perfume for another person".

Bear in mind though that while you have to choose something which suits her you have to live with her when she's wearing it and you don't want to be knocked over by something you don't like.

My favourites are Chanel No5 (now I'm older), Nina Ricci "L'air du Temps" (very light and rather young) and the long dead Houbigan "Chantilly". But I'm not your wife.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom