"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #421
Executive Chef

Hope have a wonderful trip PDS!! Be safe

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #422
Senior Cook

My grandmother would have turned 100 years old today. She passed away this past June.....she almost made it. I miss her something terrible. This will be the first time in over 30 yrs. that I didn't bake a yellow cake with white frosting and coconut. It was her favorite and I always made it for her.

Barb

Old 11-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #423
Executive Chef

all I have to do today.
have my new cars' stereo re-installed.
get meds for me and mom, ooops, I mean mom and me.
figure out dinner.
no voting, been there done that already.
organize daughters room, get things ordered to go in there.
go to bank and do a secret deposit that hubby will love me for later when he realizes what I put in there.
my family and the things we're going through.
praying for Barb L and Kades as that's always on my mind.
spreading blessings galore to all. except them or don't that's up to the receiver...
Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #424
Chef Extraordinaire

today i am thinking about the election and what it means for our beloved country. the direction we will move and hopefully make it better for everyone.

handyman here working on my walk in closet. putting in shelves and painting it. he is not making much progress. sure would like to get all this stuff back in the closet.

worrying about my daughter, she has a lot on her plate right now. the economy has cost her , the two biggest accounts she had. both were car dealers, she had done for over fifteen years. she is fearful she will lose her business entirely. her daughter, my granddaughter is having serious problems in school and at home. she is so concerned about her and trying to get her some counseling
Old 11-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #425
Chef Extraordinaire

Had a go to the center appointment today..Geez I hate going there..DH feels it's his duty to open his mouth and tell things I'm not ready to tell them..Then the questions begin and lets try this med. well folks today I told em all to take their meds and go play house. I am not taking stuff to make me sleepy all day long..I do not want ot be a zombie..DH is on his last legs of going to the center with me if he opens his yap on more time it's all over for him...There are things that are private and I hate having someone blab...Arghhhhh..Am I being to fussy? I am so private that this kind of thing really rattles my cage..I need a few prayers for this guys...
kadesma
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #426
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Had a go to the center appointment today..Geez I hate going there..DH feels it's his duty to open his mouth and tell things I'm not ready to tell them..Then the questions begin and lets try this med. well folks today I told em all to take their meds and go play house. I am not taking stuff to make me sleepy all day long..I do not want ot be a zombie..DH is on his last legs of going to the center with me if he opens his yap on more time it's all over for him...There are things that are private and I hate having someone blab...Arghhhhh..Am I being to fussy? I am so private that this kind of thing really rattles my cage..I need a few prayers for this guys...
kadesma
he better start abiding by your wishes, that's what he needs to do. Dang it cj, you want me to come rope his butt to the bull for you?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #427
Senior Cook

I'm worried about my grandmother who turned 97 in June. She lives in a home with 5 other seniors. They call her the baby. She fell last week and broke her shoulder and bumped her head. Not what she needed. She is not good.
My mother went in for surgery they found a growth on her thyroid. It was originaly going to be an out-patient surgery but it turned into 3 hours and 3 days in the hospital. She is using a walker and her back is killing her.
At least they are both on the mend.
Thanks for listening.
I won't tell you about my ingrown toenail. sheeeesh.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #428
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmaloney View Post
I'm worried about my grandmother who turned 97 in June. She lives in a home with 5 other seniors. They call her the baby. She fell last week and broke her shoulder and bumped her head. Not what she needed. She is not good.
My mother went in for surgery they found a growth on her thyroid. It was originaly going to be an out-patient surgery but it turned into 3 hours and 3 days in the hospital. She is using a walker and her back is killing her.
At least they are both on the mend.
Thanks for listening.
I won't tell you about my ingrown toenail. sheeeesh.

oh wow, what a time for you!! I'm sorry, but, I'm glad they are both mending.
put heat on the ingrown, lol
Old 11-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #429
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I need a few prayers for this guys...
kadesma
just did darling...........
Old 11-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #430
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmaloney View Post
I'm worried about my grandmother who turned 97 in June. She lives in a home with 5 other seniors. They call her the baby. She fell last week and broke her shoulder and bumped her head. Not what she needed. She is not good.My mother went in for surgery they found a growth on her thyroid. It was originaly going to be an out-patient surgery but it turned into 3 hours and 3 days in the hospital. She is using a walker and her back is killing her.At least they are both on the mend.
Thanks for listening. I won't tell you about my ingrown toenail. sheeeesh.
ChefMal, sorry for your family illnesses. Like you say, both on the mend. Now about your ingrown toenail, cut it straight across, not at an angle.
Also, I know this is gonna bug you or even hurt but lifting the side that is turned in a bit and placing the smallest amount of cotton under the corner will force it to grow out. You'll have to do this everyday as with bathing etc. you'll be getting it wet so it won't be affective then but just a tiny piece of cotton every day. Also, one more thing, with a very good steady hand, in the middle of your toenail at the top of the growth, if you were to cut a V << just like that, it would force the toenail to grow from the middle of the toenail together forcing the sides that are ingrown to grow straight instead of into your sides and skin. Hope that makes sense, you can trust this if you can follow, I have two licenses and used to specialize in this in my past life. As with anything, it takes time, patience, continuance, and diligence. (or go see a Podiatrist and see what he/she does) eeeks!