What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got done watching a documentary called "Forgiving Dr. Mengele". It is about the Holocaust at Auschwitz. A survivor, Eva Mozes Kor, returns to heal herself by forgiving the Nazis for what they did to her. A lot of people are mad at her, they want to know, how can you forgive?

Just got done watching a documentary called "Forgiving Dr. Mengele". It is about the Holocaust at Auschwitz. A survivor, Eva Mozes Kor, returns to heal herself by forgiving the Nazis for what they did to her. A lot of people are mad at her, they want to know, how can you forgive?

I am pretty sure the word FORGIVENESS is in neither the Hebrew nor the Yiddish language.

From Paris With Love is sitting on top of my TV waiting to be plugged in to the DVD player tonight.

I am pretty sure the word FORGIVENESS is in neither the Hebrew nor the Yiddish language.
I am not sure where you get your information on Judaism and the Hebrew language, but once again you are very wrong. There are multiple words for forgiveness in the Hebrew language.

I just finished The Box. It was a lousy movie. I expected it to be much better, but was very disappointed.

I just finished The Box. It was a lousy movie. I expected it to be much better, but was very disappointed.

Thank you! I was waiting to see that movie until I heard from someone who had already seen it. You just saved me two hours of my life.

I tried one called "Bounty Hunters" tonight on Netflix. Wow, what a stupid movie. You could almost see the actors eyes reading the cue cards.

Stiff or just bad acting, poor script, fight scenes that were more humor than reflective of real fighting. One guy loaded his shotgun with at least 20 rounds, then jacked it, jacked it again, and no round showed in the chamber or came out. What a laugh! Why'd he keep jacking the thing? Hahaha :ROFLMAO:

Another time, the same guy took 5 shots from 20 feet to hit a trailer with one round from the shotgun. If you want a laugh, watch that one.

Well, Glenn and I actually went to the theatre to see a movie. The second time in two years. The last one was to see Julie and Julia. That was worth going out to see for sure. Julia was bigger than life so she had to be seen on the big screen.

So was this one...The Help. Fantastic movie. Held very true to the book and wonderfully well-done. The theatre was nearly full, which added to the enjoyment because the audience really reacted to many, many of the scenes. I was a young adult, living in the south but, albeit, not the deep south, at the time this story takes place and I related to the story as I read the book. Seeing the story really drives home the author's point. Very poignant and definitely worth the admission. We gave it 10 thumbs up!!!!

P.S. It was so well-received at our theatre that they are going to show it for an additional 10 more days.

Last edited:
I'd love to see The Help! Not one dh would go for though. We are going to try to arrange for a sitter this weekend to go see Conan. Jason Momoa is yummy!! I think the last movie I watched was The Adjustment Bureau, very good flick.

I'd love to see The Help! Not one dh would go for though. We are going to try to arrange for a sitter this weekend to go see Conan. Jason Momoa is yummy!! I think the last movie I watched was The Adjustment Bureau, very good flick.

If you're certain your husband wouldn't like The Help, then go see it with someone who you think would. However, I didn't think my husband would have cared for it, but he enjoyed it thoroughly and really reacted to many scenes. On the way out, he said it was a great film.

I really, really didn't expect him to like Jule and Julia, but he did and he's commented several times since seeing it that he really enjoyed it. So, go figure.

Back
Top Bottom