What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jpmcgrew said:
Ok!Grumpy
Well the kids love it and I think the books actually encourage kids to read when they other wise might not.

I have absolutely NOTHING against the kids liking it and wanting to read the books. Yes, it's good for them. And if I had a child, yes, I'd take him or her to see the movies.

But outside of that, no, I wouldn't care if this fad were to die down today.

Get Rich or Die Trying.

Wow Corey, so much anger towards the Potter craze!

Last night we watched The Pursuit of Happyness. Really enjoyed it, got really homesick though since it was filmed in SF!

Now, THAT'S a movie that I LIKE. I'd watch it again, and again, and again!

Very powerful, but a true-life story!! It was also Smith's real-life son Jaden's motion picture debut. He did G-R-R-REAT!!!

Smith and son went through **** and high water, but they both improvised, adapted and overcame the odds.

I saw it on opening day just before Christmas, and bought it on DVD when it came this spring. Yes, excellent movie!! Smith was nominated for a few awards, but he didn't win them.

Forest Whitaker beat him out for his oustanding performance in The Last King of Scotland.

Last edited:
Corey, you haven't watched even one H Potter movie?
You're judging? lol

I haven't watched any either, but apparently they're supposed to be very good! Many 'older' friends of mine are hooked!

You and I should give it a try and then judge... :rolleyes:

You go first, then tell me what it's like.

I wouldn't waste my money on that, when I can watch other movies and get some enjoyment out of them. I MIGHT watch it on TV for free. That's probably the only way I'll see it!

lol.....Perhaps I'll rent the first one and let'cha know....

On the other hand, I saw "Pursuit of Happyness" and thought it was rather shallow....I wanted to like it, because my son did, but it just didn't happen. I didn't feel the emotion, and if this is the end to a pursuit of 'happyness', then, oh well.... :cool:

'A Beautiful Mind'....now that was a good one! :angel:

Corey123 said:
I have absolutely NOTHING against the kids liking it and wanting to read the books. Yes, it's good for them. And if I had a child, yes, I'd take him or her to see the movies.

But outside of that, no, I wouldn't care if this fad were to die down today.

Hey,Corey
Thought about getting these stamps especially for you.Love JP:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

LONDON - Britain issued a series of seven postage stamps depicting the covers of the best-selling Harry Potter books Tuesday, days before the final volume in the series goes on sale.
http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=mF5dGNG_...81.10963301.11546622.2896325/D=LREC/B=4684143
The Royal Mail said about 340,000 people had pre-ordered the stamps — breaking the record of 300,000 pre-orders set by a series of Beatles stamps released in January.
The Royal Mail also released five stamps featuring the crests of the fictional Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and its houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Online, fans can personalize the stamps, placing their picture alongside the crest of their favorite house.
The stamps will be on sale at 40,000 British post offices for the next month and online for a year.
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," the seventh and final book in the series, goes on sale in Britain at midnight Saturday.

Corey, for pete's sake, quit complaining and go see the latest one or rent one of the earlier ones. They are full of wonder and special effects and friendship and being brave when you are not sure of yourself. And they are very funny.

Forget about being a serious grownup adult person and indulge your inner child!

Don't bother seeing it Corey. You obviously have a very closed mind and Harry Potter is all about having an open mind.

mudbug said:
Corey, for pete's sake, quit complaining and go see the latest one or rent one of the earlier ones. They are full of wonder and special effects and friendship and being brave when you are not sure of yourself. And they are very funny.

Forget about being a serious grownup adult person and indulge your inner child!

Not a chance. Haha!!

There IS a little kid in ALL of us. I must admit that I DO like some kids' movies, but I just can't see myself wanting to watch HP.

I'd have to say that this movie has been rated;:sick:

Guess what, Corey. As others have said, give yourself a treat and check out one of the Harry Potter movies. Acutally, read one of the books. One of the wonderful things J.K. Rowling does is to "paint" wonderful images in our minds. She's quite a master of that.

I've heard about all the "possessed" things with regard to Harry Potter, but he's far from being possessed. The stories are wonderful ways for ALL of us to revv up our imaginations and have a great time. Give Harry a chance.

GB said:
Harry Potter is not a kids movie Corey. It is a movie for ALL ages.

Well, I'm pretty certain that the parents or gardians accompany the kids who want to go see it.:ermm:

Katie E; No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,!! Haha!!:-p

Corey123 said:
You go first, then tell me what it's like.

I wouldn't waste my money on that, when I can watch other movies and get some enjoyment out of them. I MIGHT watch it on TV for free. That's probably the only way I'll see it!

Corey... I know how you feel... I wait for it to come out on cable and then I may watch them then. I guess to me it all got to pushy when you have all the Lord of the Rings coming out, 1, 2, and 3.. then all the Harry Potter movies... not even sure which number we are on now, just after a while it loses it's luster. I watched the first Harry Potter and never really had much interest since, I don't doubt they are good movies, just tired of all the hoopla!

With that said... I watched My Super Ex-Girlfriend... cute movie but totally predictable!

Corey123 said:
Well, I'm pretty certain that the parents or gardians accompany the kids who want to go see it.:ermm:
Ummm I don't get your point. just because a parent goes to see a movie with their kids does not make it a kids movie.

Every HP movie I have seen in the theater has been primarily adults. As a matter of fact one time I saw HP in an adults only theater. You can not even enter this theater unless you are over 21. The place was packed.

All this Harry Potter talk.
I actually just got home from seeing the latest movie. I really enjoyed it. More than I thought I would since I was so disappointed with the last one.

Also, in light of the Harry vs Corey discussion, I think the books started out as children's books but they have turned dark. Especially books 5 & 6. They are very well rounded books. They have humor, love, death, sadness, violence, anger, hope.

Like my 4 year old son says, "You gotta try something new once in a while."

There's been some dirty goings-on concerning the HP boks.

Seems that some is either trying to steel them or illegal copies of the book were made.

GB, what I meant to say is that ANY movie a child wants to see, the parents would usually accompany him or her.

Four of my friends and I had a girls' night out and saw Hairspray. It was hilarious! I had not seen the original and had no idea what it was about. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. :cool:

:) Barbara

After getting my 4 year old in bed tonight, I sat down to sew and watch a movie at the same time - "Because I Said So". Not the best movie I've ever seen but a cute, light-hearted flick with some very funny moments. The biggest issue I had with this movie was that I realized I AM the Diane Keaton character (who is a goofy meddling mom with no life). Man, I should have watched "The Last King Of Scotland"! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom