What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got done watching, Mud. Excellent movie, I recommend it for everyone.

Looks like a good movie.

I am/have been watching AMC and the mafia movies. Godfather and part II back to back again. Really well done movies. I don't tire of watching a really well done movie.

Did you like it for the plot, or for Matthew McConaughey? :cool:

Excellent storyline, Mud, it's not your normal kick butt movie, no car chases. One kid learning about, life and love...M. McConaughey shows once again he can be a serious actor AND keep his shirt on for most of the movie.

Right now I am watching for the umpteenth time "Mama Mia." Love the music. I have the whole score. :angel:

When that came on Himself said "is this all music?" He's very cautious ever since the "Jacques Brel Incident". *

* I knew one of the cast members (Theresa Piteo) from another show we worked together. I wanted to see it at the then-being-restored State Theatre, where it was being performed Cabaret Style (small round tables with seating for two to four) instead of theatre seating. About the third or fourth song he leaned toward me and said "is this show ALL singing? :ohmy: " When I nodded meekly he whispered "if we hadn't paid so much for these tickets I'd leave right now". He's been afraid of musicals ever since. :LOL: BTW, Cliff Bemis was also in that show. He's had quite a career as an actor ever since.

FWIW: In 1973, "Jacques Brel" was produced by Ray Shepardson in the lobby of Cleveland, Ohio's State Theatre. It was intended to play for two weeks, but continued through 1975, with a 522-performance run that remained the longest theatrical run in the city's history for many years. The performance is credited as a major factor in the rescue and restoration of the theater and its adjacent venues, which are now Playhouse Square Center, the largest theater complex in the USA outside of New York City.

When that came on Himself said "is this all music?" He's very cautious ever since the "Jacques Brel Incident". *

* I knew one of the cast members (Theresa Piteo) from another show we worked together. I wanted to see it at the then-being-restored State Theatre, where it was being performed Cabaret Style (small round tables with seating for two to four) instead of theatre seating. About the third or fourth song he leaned toward me and said "is this show ALL singing? :ohmy: " When I nodded meekly he whispered "if we hadn't paid so much for these tickets I'd leave right now". He's been afraid of musicals ever since. :LOL: BTW, Cliff Bemis was also in that show. He's had quite a career as an actor ever since.

FWIW: In 1973, "Jacques Brel" was produced by Ray Shepardson in the lobby of Cleveland, Ohio's State Theatre. It was intended to play for two weeks, but continued through 1975, with a 522-performance run that remained the longest theatrical run in the city's history for many years. The performance is credited as a major factor in the rescue and restoration of the theater and its adjacent venues, which are now Playhouse Square Center, the largest theater complex in the USA outside of New York City.

OMG. Milleniums ago, I was bartending in a place that hosted a community theatre production of Jacques Brel! Loved it! I can sing all the songs!

My room mate at the time was more into Country, and did NOT like Jacques Brel.....

Last edited:
I saw the movie Mama Mia first. The whole audience sang along through the whole showing. Then my daughter bought me the DVD. Then we went to the theatre to see the stage version. Again, at the end, the whole cast sang the whole show again with words shown on a screen and the whole audience sang along with them. Then when the show came back to Boston, we went to see it again. I love live stage musicals. When I went to visit my girlfriend in California, we went to see the stage show of "Thoroughly Modern Millie." :angel:

Finally we finished watching the Snow Whitw last night. Took us 3 evenings. We had to force ourselves to finish it. It was horrible. The holyweird is getting weirder and weirder.

Back
Top Bottom