"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #3531
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The new Batman's with Christian Bale are great, I think you would really like them. Story, direction, acting...they score high on my list of movies I like to re-watch.
I'll give em a try! Thanks!
__________________

__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #3532
Half Baked
 
4meandthem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area California
Posts: 2,018
Watched "Pirates Of the Caribbean- On Stranger Tides" and thought it was O.K. I think they need to put it to bed now though. I really like the original and they go down hill a little each time.
__________________

__________________
Just be yourself! Everyone else is taken.

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #3533
Head Chef
 
tinlizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,003
Stage Beauty with Clare Danes and Billy Cruddup. Danes' character was the first female to portray a woman on the English stage -- at a time when female characters were done by male actors only.
__________________
No matter how simple it seems, it's complicated.
tinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #3534
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,408
Grandson and I just watched Green Hornet. It was a fun movie to watch.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #3535
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Grandson and I just watched Green Hornet. It was a fun movie to watch.
Was it the latest one, Andy? I saw the ad for it on another video recently and decided to order it. It looked pretty darn good. Did you and the grandson enjoy it?
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #3536
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,408
It's the one with Seth Rogan and Cameron Diaz. It was fun to watch as long as you didn't expect too much.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #3537
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
It's the one with Seth Rogan and Cameron Diaz. It was fun to watch as long as you didn't expect too much.
That's the one I saw the preview for. Loved the humor. Thanks Andy!
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #3538
Head Chef
 
jusnikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,022
Watched Paranormal Activity 3 this weekend. Wondering why they didn't show or changed most of the scenes that were in the previews??

But it was ok as far as "these series" goes..... (shrugging)
__________________
jusnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #3539
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
Watched Paranormal Activity 3 this weekend. Wondering why they didn't show or changed most of the scenes that were in the previews??

But it was ok as far as "these series" goes..... (shrugging)

hey nikki,not to put you on the spot or anything, (you're in good company) but why do people spend good money just to put themselves in mortal fear? i've always avoided scary movies precisely because they stir up such sickly, stomach churning feelings that i never ever wish to visit, certainly not voluntarily. is there some sort of pleasurable thrill that i'm missing? i have always wondered about this, but have never received a satisfactory answer from my horror-movie-loving friends. i also don't like to watch bloody, gory, violent movies for much the same reason--they make me feel ill....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #3540
Head Chef
 
jusnikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
hey nikki,not to put you on the spot or anything, (you're in good company) but why do people spend good money just to put themselves in mortal fear? i've always avoided scary movies precisely because they stir up such sickly, stomach churning feelings that i never ever wish to visit, certainly not voluntarily. is there some sort of pleasurable thrill that i'm missing? i have always wondered about this, but have never received a satisfactory answer from my horror-movie-loving friends. i also don't like to watch bloody, gory, violent movies for much the same reason--they make me feel ill....


LOL, good question. I really don't know. I just like the suspense of something creepy about to happen. And I'm one of those people no matter how I try to contain my scream, I scream.....very loudly, lol. But much as I love horror movies. I don't watch possession movies. I can't take them. I'd be having nightmares and seeing things in the dark for days.

That question really has me thinking.....
__________________

__________________
jusnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.