What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched The Horse Whisperer once and could never watch it again. Not that I didn't like it, but I was helping a friend work up her endurance horses at the time it came out and I'd been involved in some fairly gnarly things that happened while I was riding. I felt like I was reliving those times and I didn't really want to do that again.

I watched Too Big to Fail, about what happened in 2008.

The movie was good and I enjoyed seeing the perspective of the "other side", the CEO's of the companies that failed and of the government. But I still wasn't impressed with the performance of the characters - I was still left feeling that all we did was give handouts to a bunch of crooks at the end. I know why it was done. It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth, is all. But then, maybe the movie was slanted so that the viewers would feel that way.

Last edited:
Did she know what it was about? Let us know her reaction after she watches!

and yup, you rock Mom!

Dragnlw, she knows EXACTLY what the movie's about - she's read all three o the books! I imagine it will be kind-of tamer than the book - it was on USA. Our DVD player is on the fritz at the moment.

We went and saw Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 this weekend...

I laughed so hard at times I could barely breathe...

I watched the Lindsay Lohan version of Parent Trap the other night when I couldn't sleep. She was really good in that. It was also bittersweet seeing Natasha Richardson. She was such a good actress.

I'm so glad you saw it Cheryl. It was my favorite movie of the year!

Yes, it was a great movie! I watched it twice. :) I had hoped to see it on the big screen when it first came out but it just didn't work out, glad I got to see it on PPV.

I watched the Lindsay Lohan version of Parent Trap the other night when I couldn't sleep. She was really good in that. It was also bittersweet seeing Natasha Richardson. She was such a good actress.

I agree with ya, LP. Lindsay was such a great little actress - I was so impressed at how well she portrayed the twins with the different accents and all. So sad about Natasha Richardson.

Remember the original one with Hayley Mills? :) I happened to see that one not too long ago.

I agree with ya, LP. Lindsay was such a great little actress - I was so impressed at how well she portrayed the twins with the different accents and all. So sad about Natasha Richardson.

Remember the original one with Hayley Mills? :) I happened to see that one not too long ago.

Yes, I loved the original! I saw it a few years ago.

Finally saw The Shack. I had read it. Excellent movie. Even though the movie only had 1/3 the volume of interesting and 'things to think about' information that was in the book. The movie was riveting and DH liked it too. I'm pretty sure we will buy this one.

It deals with love, relationships, grief, and judgement, somethings we all deal with in one way or another.

We binge watched the first season of Anne With an E on Netflix over the last week or so -- watching an episode or 2 a night.

It's based on Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. It's really really good especially if you're into period pieces like Little House on the Prairie, Emily of New Moon, When Calls the Heart, etc..

Saw Nice Guys. Oh my gosh, it was horrible.

Also went to the movies, saw the Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Movie itself was fine, but I did not like the premise

I saw "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" and "Wonder Woman" over the last week. I'm probably going to see "Alien: Covenant" tonight.

Both GotG2 and WW were fun movies, and I'll probably add them to my video collection when they're released.

Both GotG2 and WW were fun movies, and ...

Have seen both GOTG's which I just loved! It's always a treat when they come out as my son takes me to it... I even allowed his girlfriend to join us the last time. :LOL: Anxious for the 3rd one. Just hoping it is as good.

Steve? was WW as good or as funny? Maybe not slap your leg funny but tickle your elbow funny? Have not been impressed with the few previews that I've seen - then again - I haven't actually seen that many. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom