What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched the new Jumanji. I really loved it! The references to the Robin Williams version were great and the updating it for today's tech was well done. Nothing could ever top the original but I think it was definitely as good.

I also loved the characterizations. Jack Black was perfect as a 16-year-old girl and Dwayne Johnson didn't do too bad as a nerd, either!

Last edited:
We watched "The Sandlot" tonight. Neither Himself nor I could remember seeing it. When I had seen the video of some of the Milwaukee Brewer players recreating one of the classic scenes earlier this month, I wanted to see the movie. It was cute, a fluff piece of fun.

I've never seen this movie but my new Rawlings baseball glove has 'Sandlot' prominently embossed in the pocket of the glove. So I guess there's a connection there? I never gave thought to the name.

Saw " I can only imagine". Awesome movie. Highly recommend it. A real tear jerker, I should have brought a box of Kleenex!

I just watched The Last Movie Star. Burt Reynolds plays a a "has been" movie star, but there was nothing "has been" about his performance in this well written and well acted movie. Fantastic story, and Mr. Reynolds does a perfect job in his role. Part fiction, part real??? Not sure, but he played it as though he lived it, at least part of it.

Critics call it a "great comeback," but I think of this movie as a great step up for an actor who shows a new dimension in his acting talent.

If I had three thumbs, I'd raise them all.

CD

I just watched The Last Movie Star. Burt Reynolds plays a a "has been" movie star, but there was nothing "has been" about his performance in this well written and well acted movie. Fantastic story, and Mr. Reynolds does a perfect job in his role. Part fiction, part real??? Not sure, but he played it as though he lived it, at least part of it.

Critics call it a "great comeback," but I think of this movie as a great step up for an actor who shows a new dimension in his acting talent.

CD

This was filmed all over here in Knoxville. We were actually on the plane with Chevy Chase (he was two rows back from us) as we flew into Knoxville. Boy does he snore loudly. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Can't wait to see it. We just weren't in the mood the other night.

We watched Daniel Radcliffe's "Jungle" instead. Intense, terrifying and beautiful all at the same time.

CD

Just watched this movie. Wonderful, I loved everything about it, especially near the ending. He will definitely receive nomination for his role.

I have been a B. Reynolds fan for eons. From comedy to down right serious movies. He never has been given the credit he deserves for his acting skill.

Count me out as a Burt Reynolds fan.
I always thought he was so arrogant and full of himself, it was a real turn off to me then, as it is now. He was sure handsome in the day but he's aged really badly and somehow it seems like just rewards. JMHO

Last edited:
Yeah, I was never a BR fan either. And I agree, he did not age gracefully.
In this movie the way he handled the shopping cart and stared at that young woman reminded me of my dad.... so I immediately yelled out to my wife so she can catch some of this grocery store scene but she was asleep in the other room, it was that funny (to me at least) :LOL:

Caveat - I fell for him in "Riverboat" did not mean to imply I still was. Actually the last movie I saw with him was the one with Sally Field, about the truck crossing the States?

As about the arrogant part... well, I've never met him personally so couldn't say. I also try really hard not to judge someone based on the news... especially if their life style is so greatly different than mine. You know the adage - 'walk a mile...' (I said TRY - didn't say it always works, :rolleyes:)

Caveat - I fell for him in "Riverboat" did not mean to imply I still was. Actually the last movie I saw with him was the one with Sally Field, about the truck crossing the States?

As about the arrogant part... well, I've never met him personally so couldn't say. I also try really hard not to judge someone based on the news... especially if their life style is so greatly different than mine. You know the adage - 'walk a mile...' (I said TRY - didn't say it always works, :rolleyes:)

I'm not talking about the news..... Observing so many of his personal interviews and public appearances, it's not a stretch to judge him as plenty arrogant and full of himself. :rolleyes:

A quiet place - Im gona give it 8 out of 10

It was very good. Amazing atmosphere and connection to the family. For those who love horror movies, post apocalyptic movies, I strongly recommend.

I'm not talking about the news..... Observing so many of his personal interviews and public appearances, it's not a stretch to judge him as plenty arrogant and full of himself. :rolleyes:

:LOL: OK - I give! as I've never seen any interviews nor public appearances I can only say I like him as an actor or at least the few roles I have seen him in - I have thoroughly enjoyed those movies. That's a plus in my book. :angel:

Just back to say - when I like someone in a role - I like the character so I guess that means I should fall for the writer/director/etc whoever created that character. I really don't give 2 poo-poos about the real person - only that they can "portray'' someone. :)lol:does any of this make sense?)

Last edited:
I gotcha DL...I'll likely see his new movie, and if he doesn't play a jerk, I'll go along with him being a really good actor playing the role. :LOL:

Give The Last Movie Star a chance. Burt Reynolds plays a different kind of character -- one that I think addresses your very valid opinion of him. It is the premise of the whole movie.

CD

I just finished watching "The Theory of Everything" Stephen Hawking.

I knew nothing about this mans life. What a wonderful story! Highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom