What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to the opening of Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday, and really enjoyed it! If you're a Queen fan you will too. The guy who played Freddy Mercury was great. Tastefully done, if you know anything about Freddie you can fill in the blanks. The music rocks!
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'm really looking forward to seeing it at our local Art Deco movie house.

I'd love to have that kind of a movie theater here as well! Looking forward to seeing Bohemian Rhapsody.

I did go see the new "A Star is Born" a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I went to the midweek early afternoon matinee and there were only maybe 5 other people in the theater. :cool:

I hate it when the audience is empty! Part of the fun of going to an actual theater to see a movie is being a part of the audience! I remember seeing Chicago in a packed house. At the end, there was (for no apparent reason) a standing ovation! It was pointless, but still exciting to be a part of.

We recently rented and watched Skyscraper, with Dwayne Johnson. Two hours and two bucks that I’ll never get back! In spite of multiple explosions, gunfire, and other violent sound effects, I wasn’t able to keep my eyes open.

We also watched The Queen, with Dame Helen Miirin as QE II. It was a very understated and quiet movie, very well acted. I didn’t drowse out once.

I hate it when the audience is empty! Part of the fun of going to an actual theater to see a movie is being a part of the audience! I remember seeing Chicago in a packed house. At the end, there was (for no apparent reason) a standing ovation! It was pointless, but still exciting to be a part of.

You were all excited enough to show a group expression of appreciation for how you felt at the end of the movie - that was the point [emoji2]

Life, sifi movie with a decent cast and horrible ploy and even worse ending. Very upsetting. But very realistically shows how stupid we, as people are.

As soon as Bohemian Rhapsody is on within a 50 mile radius of here, I have a date with my barista to go see it. Her husband does not want to see it and I hate going to movies alone.

Because I was busy being in the hospital, I missed the opening of Mama Mia, Here We Go Again.

Tomorrow I will have the DVD and my daughter will be here to watch it with me. Have to have Pirate cook up some nibble foods. Then some time next week, I will take the disc downstairs and have movie night for the residents. They can bring their own snacks.

We just watched A Wrinkle in Time on NetFlix. I wasn’t impressed. It was too preachy, and Oprah was annoying as ever.

I don't normally go to the cinema - those days are long gone - but our youngest, aged 32 and autistic, took dh and I to see Christopher Robin, which is about CR as an adult, married with a daughter. It is so very funny - well worth watching. We all loved it.

Gillian

We finally got around to watching Mamma Mia. The first one, not the latest.

1. Meryl Streep can sing. Well! Pierce Brosnan unfortunately can’t.
2. The screen writer did an excellent job of integrating ABBA’s music into the plot.
3. I’ve never been a fan of ABBA, really, but I recognized probably 80% of the songs.
4. The choreography was dated, simplistic and, for the most part, poorly executed.
5. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. This made the movie engaging and fun to watch!

I look forward to watching the sequel!

Back
Top Bottom