What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched "The Edge" yesterday. I just happened to come across it - it's about 20 years old. Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin star in it. They're stranded in the Alaskan wilderness from a plane crash, have issues between them, and learn to survive on their own. Beautiful scenery, and some twists and turns in the movie.

Pretty good movie, IMO.

Last edited:
I watched "The Edge" yesterday. I just happened to come across it - it's about 20 years old. Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin star in it. They're stranded in the Alaskan wilderness from a plane crash, have issues between them, and learn to survive on their own. Beautiful scenery, and some twists and turns in the movie.

Pretty good movie, IMO.

ohmygosh, "The Edge" was one movie I never forgot Cheryl and I think I saw it at the movies back in the day. Yet another example of legendary brilliance of Anthony Hopkins. I'd like to see it again.

ohmygosh, "The Edge" was one movie I never forgot Cheryl and I think I saw it at the movies back in the day. Yet another example of legendary brilliance of Anthony Hopkins. I'd like to see it again.

It was a good flick, for sure. I agree about Anthony Hopkins, he is a GREAT actor.

The next free documentary I got to take a look at was the documentary called The St. Louis Browns: The Team that Baseball Forgot.

You can see if for free here:

Watch Online | The St. Louis Browns: The Team that Baseball Forgot | Nine Network of Public Media

A documentary made for the local St. Louis PBS network I guess. The link is for a PBS Telethon broadcast so you can cut this down to like 1 hour. We get 3 cutaways for selling a book and DVD.

I really liked it. This is a certainly a baseball team I did not really know about. They really did a fantastic look at the start of this team in the early 1900 hundreds through the 1944 World Series and then the big downfall that ended the team in the early 50's. Lots of interviews with surviving players from that forgotten team.

If you are into baseball or sports this is a documentary to look at. I think this would have been ESPN 30 for 30 worthy.

Last edited:
Finally watched Bird Box. I thought it was dreadful, and it gave Mark nightmares. Two hours I’ll never get back!

Can't you pick up local channels by hooking up rabbit ear antennas?

We probably could, but gosh darn it all, I'm too old to be climbing up on the roof any more!
Hmmm, now that I think of it, I don't see any old time Rabbit Ears up anywheres around us... it's about 100 miles South, through a big mountain range and loads of weather... :LOL: that may not work

Rabbit ears go on top of a TV, K-Girl. You're thinking of a 6- or 8-foot antenna that mounts on a roof or fireplace chimney...or can be mounted on a pole in your attic. That is where Himself put ours. We can pull TV signals in from Boston and Providence stations - about 50 miles distant. He installed it to be stationary, but you can get all fancy and put a motor on it with controls in the main viewing room and rotate the antenna so it picks up the signal no matter what the weather.

Rabbit ears go on top of a TV, K-Girl. You're thinking of a 6- or 8-foot antenna that mounts on a roof or fireplace chimney...or can be mounted on a pole in your attic. That is where Himself put ours. We can pull TV signals in from Boston and Providence stations - about 50 miles distant. He installed it to be stationary, but you can get all fancy and put a motor on it with controls in the main viewing room and rotate the antenna so it picks up the signal no matter what the weather.

:blush:
I was thinking of the sort that go on the roof :rolleyes:
But yeah, no, those definitely wouldn't work here

Mary Queen of Scots. I loved the book. Though I read it in Russian and it was very long time ago. Do not remember who wrote. Movie was ok, I guess. Definitely worth watching, but don't plan on it being in the top 10.
Also I had personal issues with casting. I do not know why but I cannot stand both of the actress who played main characters. Both Queens. I don't know why or how people find them attractive.

I watched 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

Very interesting movie. Violent without being too gory.

I had heard all about Benghazi during the last election but didn't know much about what actually happened.

Moderator hat on: Several posts have been removed recently from this thread as they run afoul of the sites rules about political content. We are a cooking forum - let's stay focused please. :chef:

Yes, UPSIDE is a French movie remake with another name I can't recall. My friend saw both and said this one is as good only more comical and without annoying subtitles. There were some good out loud belly laughs there and a really good story based on truth. Very entertaining and great performances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom