What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anyone have a movie suggestion for me that i could find on hulu today? i prefer drama over action, horror and comedy, but i would consider any highly recommended film.

anyone have a movie suggestion for me that i could find on hulu today? i prefer drama over action, horror and comedy, but i would consider any highly recommended film.

I use hulu too but havent came across any good movies, I usually watch the cooking shows/ etc. I will keep you in mind when I browse there.

Watched the season finale of "The good wife". Not the ending of the season we expected. Looking forward to it coming back in the fall.

@ Dawgluver: Actor Franco Nero (1941 )

:yum: Good Morning Dawgluver,

You are a fan of Franco Nero ! ? WOW ... Most Americans do not know of him ...

He starred in a crime mystery drama which was filmed in Santiago de Chile, where he portrayed a bachelor & wealthy Rancher ... He had an affair many years prior, with a woman, who left the country and went to Germany. Thus, he has a daughter who has been looking for her father !
The former lady lover, had become involved in a crime scene, in which she believed she might of killed a Military Officer during the Pinochet takeover. However, she did not, Franco´s Lawyer did ! He finally meets his daughter and of course, he sees his ex lady love ...

I forget the title however, it is a good film --- not a Hollywood blockbuster nor the budget. None the less, the scenery of the Mountains of Santiago De Chile´s surrounding areas, are just stunning.

Worthwhile ...

Yes, Letters to Juliette is a good film ... The Italian hamlets, that Vanessa Redgrave, her grandson and his lady friend had driven through, are just breathtakingly beautiful. And it has some lovely hotel inns and country trattorias too ... Worthy of attention.

I had seen his portrayal of César, the Roman Emperor as well --- and Lancelot ! He has impact ... Very piercing blue eyes ... Was quite handsome in his day. He was born in 1941 ... still very attractive and dapper. Sexy Man !!!

The Vet looks a little like Franco ... I have good taste in men ! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for reply and feedback.
Margaux.

We finally got in another movie weekend - been a few weeks now!

On Saturday, DH's only full day off this week, we watched Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows Part 1, and the special features DVD (yes, they are separate!). I am actually going to be sorry to finish off this series when we get the last one. When I first watched the early ones in the theatre, it was mostly because DH wanted to see them and I went along. But we missed the last three or four in the theatre and decided to start at the beginning and my whole attitude changed. I am contemplating reading the books now! :)

Yesterday we watched the remake of True Grit. As remakes go it was one of the better ones. The acting was good (the young girl was excellent - almost gave Kim Darby a run for her money!). But there were some not so great parts (where Cogburn runs her horse into the ground literally then shoots it in front of her - yes he was trying to save her, but it really got me).

:yum: Good Morning Dawgluver,

You are a fan of Franco Nero ! ? WOW ... Most Americans do not know of him ...

The Vet looks a little like Franco ... I have good taste in men ! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for reply and feedback.
Margaux.

Ah, Lancelot, my first crush...of course as portrayed by Franco Nero. <swoon>

Fans of Downton Abbey might enjoy "The Way We Live Now" (a BBC production, 2 discs). Set in l870's London, full of scoundrels, cads, marriages and jiltings, but ending well. However, altogether too many uncomfortable comparisons of human nature then with human nature now. It seems we've not come very far.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Ah, Lancelot, my first crush...of course as portrayed by Franco Nero. <swoon>

Ah, mine too! Margi and PF, I loved the score from Camelot, Nero sang "C'est Moi," and "If Ever I Would Leave You". I didn't realize he had a ringer who sang for him!

Margi, you do indeed have good taste in men! Thanks for the history and I will have to see "Letters to Juliette"!

Ah, mine too! Margi and PF, I loved the score from Camelot, Nero sang "C'est Moi," and "If Ever I Would Leave You". I didn't realize he had a ringer who sang for him!

Margi, you do indeed have good taste in men! Thanks for the history and I will have to see "Letters to Juliette"!

Now you have me singing the songs from Camelot in my head...:rolleyes:

It's amazing how many show tunes I have stored in there:wacko:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Now you have me singing the songs from Camelot in my head...:rolleyes:

It's amazing how many show tunes I have stored in there:wacko:

I hear ya! Me too!

which cooking shows might i find on hulu? i'm new to this whole hulu thing....:)

There is a fairly big list :) I usually just click Browse> TV Shows> then in the search under genre I click either Food and Lesiure or Reality & Game Shows (Chopped and such can show up under the reality!) I also go over to display and click *show full episodes only*

I use it all the time!

Back
Top Bottom