What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Documentary "Endurance," narrated by Liam Neeson, with actual photos from and diary excerpts from Ernest Shakleton's unsuccessful last attempt to reach Antarctica's pole. Brrrrr. Makes being too warm a lot more acceptable.

Just watched THE CHANGELING with George C. Scott again. One of my very favorite movies.
+2 I also own this DVD. Just saw it recently on a cable movie channel.

I have been watching Hallmark Movie Channel movies a lot lately. I really liked Freshman Father and Out of the Woods.

Watched "The Fog" with Adrienne Barbeau, Hal Holbrook, Jamie Lee Curtis and Janet Leigh. It was creepy.
Have you seen the newer version? I can't remember what year (it has been a few), but it was also done by John Carpenter. We liked the first one, but we liked the newer one best.

Have you seen the newer version? I can't remember what year (it has been a few), but it was also done by John Carpenter. We liked the first one, but we liked the newer one best.

I have both DVD's of THE FOG. The first one is from 1979 with Adrienne Barbeau the other one is from 2005 with Tom Welling and Maggie Grace. I like them both.

Over the last two nights we watched the "Aliens Quadrillogy," with "Alien" and "Aliens" the first night, then "Aliens 3" (the 3 is really supposed to be smaller and raised, like a math exponent, LOL), and "Aliens Resurrection." We had both seen the first two, years ago, but neither of us had seen the last two. They were good, but the language was hideous, and for some reason they thought Sigourney Weaver needed to be in nothing but skimpy underwear for most of the first and much of the second movie.

We watched one of our favorites again tonight. "Field of Dreams." My baseball-loving Iowa boy is in hog heaven whenever we watch it, especially when Shoeless Joe asks, "Is this Heaven?" and Kevin Costner says, "No, it's Iowa."

Forgive me, but I must grovel at the feet of Netflix once more. Boy, I love the choices I can get there! I'm nearly at the end of a pretty lengthy BBC series, The Pallisers, having just seen Disc 10 of 12. It's another costume period piece of early (earliers than Downton) England, offering painless* insights into the workings of Parliament (not nearly as stuffy as that sounds) and the upper end of society with its endless rules and obligations. Lots of food for thought. I will miss it.

*The series is based on Anthony Trollope's book(s), which I'm guessing would have been a chore to get through.

I was disappointed that Downton Abbey was snubbed at the Emmys. And Mad Men, as well. :(

Forgive me, but I must grovel at the feet of Netflix once more. Boy, I love the choices I can get there! I'm nearly at the end of a pretty lengthy BBC series, The Pallisers, having just seen Disc 10 of 12. It's another costume period piece of early (earliers than Downton) England, offering painless* insights into the workings of Parliament (not nearly as stuffy as that sounds) and the upper end of society with its endless rules and obligations. Lots of food for thought. I will miss it.

*The series is based on Anthony Trollope's book(s), which I'm guessing would have been a chore to get through.

I was disappointed that Downton Abbey was snubbed at the Emmys. And Mad Men, as well. :(
I know what you mean! We don't get their DVDs, just the streaming. Between Netflix and Hulu Plus, we are in TV Hog Heaven! :LOL:

Barbara L said:
"Blades of Glory." Totally idiotic and completely hilarious!

One of my all time fav's!

Just about to watch Napoleon Dynamite. For about the 20th (if not more) day in a row. I'm addicted to it even though it's a pretty pointless film. It just makes me feel good :)

I watched The Notebook again last night. What a wonderful story of true love. I cried...again.

Back
Top Bottom