What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Night before last James and I watched "Taken 2," with Liam Neeson. We liked the first one best, but it was good.

Last night we watched "Dark Shadows," with Johnny Depp. It had a couple kind of raunchy scenes that it could have done without, but I really liked it. I think James liked it too, but he hasn't said yet. I know he wasn't expecting to like it.

Let's see, yesterday, after finishing the first three episodes (disk1) of season 2 of Downton Abbey, it was The BTK Killer, The Hillside Strangler (getting my history in) and I finished it off with a movie called The Company Men. A movie about corporate downsizing and men losing their jobs.

Yesterday we watched Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and Hysteria.

Ghost Rider was bad, and that does not amuse me. I loved the comic as a kid. This could have been so much cooler.

Hysteria was pretty good.

A film written and directed by Sofia Coppola -- Somewhere. As I turned off the DVD player I was thinking, what a waste of time. But this is the kind of film that sticks in your head and causes you think about it later. She got her point across, which was the shallowness of fame and the basically hollow life of a pop-culture star adored by the public -- a waste of time. Unfulfilling in big capital letters. The scene where the star gets the full treatment by the special effects people was grueling.

We are watching, "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World". Shrek will be putting on, "The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming" next.

"emergency, emergency! everyone to get from street!"

and

"it's under a big dubya"

both great movies, pf.

i watched "some like it hot" for my first time. very good silly comedy.

"emergency, emergency! everyone to get from street!"

and

"it's under a big dubya"

both great movies, pf.

i watched "some like it hot" for my first time. very good silly comedy.

They are such funny movies! Then we watched, "The Great Race"

It's been a long time since I seen, "Some Like It Hot"...hey that is Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis, too!

Tonight we watched John Wayne and Robert Mitchum in "El Dorado." I don't think I had ever seen it (if I did I was a child). Great movie!

I thought I had posted our other movies lately, but I guess I hadn't (we have been in and out so much).

Two of the movies we watched recently weren't even worth recording here. We trashed the DVD (double feature) when we were done. The other was a good one, "The Alamo," with John Wayne.

James has been on a John Wayne buying spree lately. LOL We will soon be watching "The Cowboys" and "Hatari," both of which arrived today.

Last edited:
Last Movie I watched

Hope its okay I start a new game?

What was the last movie you watched?!? :)

We watched Thank You for Smoking and LOVED it! Thought all the characters were great, especially liked the kid! Its on the must buy for the DVD collection list!!

The last movie I TRIED to watch was Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2. My daughter talks incessantly so I lasted about 20 minutes and then gave it up. Hopefully I can watch the rest when she is at school. Part 1 was great.

The book is always better...I have a t-shirt that says so...:LOL:

We are seeing The Hobbit again next weekend.

Barbara...I love John Wayne movies! Tell James to get "Rio Bravo".

Tonight we watched John Wayne and Robert Mitchum in "El Dorado." I don't think I had ever seen it (if I did I was a child). Great movie!

I thought I had posted our other movies lately, but I guess I hadn't (we have been in and out so much).

Two of the movies we watched recently weren't even worth recording here. We trashed the DVD (double feature) when we were done. The other was a good one, "The Alamo," with John Wayne.

James has been on a John Wayne buying spree lately. LOL We will soon be watching "The Cowboys" and "Hatari," both of which arrived today.

Hatari! Doesn't that also star that German guy who was in Flight of the Phoenix?

The last movie I TRIED to watch was Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2. My daughter talks incessantly so I lasted about 20 minutes and then gave it up. Hopefully I can watch the rest when she is at school. Part 1 was great.

I'll be getting Part 1 in a few days, after I've finished with the last DVD from Season 2 of Downton Abbey.
Sappy series for sure (Twilight), and very poor acting, but I'm a sucker for any movie with werewolves in it :wacko:

The book is always better...I have a t-shirt that says so...:LOL:

We are seeing The Hobbit again next weekend.

Barbara...I love John Wayne movies! Tell James to get "Rio Bravo".
We already have "Rio Bravo!" Love it! We have a few more John Wayne movies as well.

Hatari! Doesn't that also star that German guy who was in Flight of the Phoenix?
Yes, it has Hardy Krüger from the 1965 version.

Back
Top Bottom