"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #31
Sous Chef

Holy Smokes Kadesma!!!!I remember days like that- the only consolation I can give you is they do pass!!!Wish I could help you out there- Love and energy, Vicki

Old 03-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
I was so busy sympathizing with Kadesma and my grandson came to the computer and wiped out everything I had put in. He was asking about going on some site. I'm thinking about not letting him on the computer after that. He isn't usually like that so perhaps if I don't let him get on, he will remember it in the future. So, Kadesma, you aren't the only one with grandchildren problems, just a bit different here.
Oh dear licia, I let Cade use the computer at times when he is the only one here or awake. Other than that he never touches unless he asks first. I think I say no computer for a week if he did this to mine. As much as we love them they do have to learn respect for people and their belonings. Kids, now I know where I gotsome of the white hair the hairdresser uses as streaks

kadesma

Old 03-15-2006, 10:36 PM   #33
Master Chef

I got up at 5:30 am to be at work by 7:00 am to prepare the corned beef and cabbage for lunch today at work. Getting up that early was a feat in itself since I have had a combo cold/flu like thing going on since Saturday. We put roughly 30 lbs. of corned beef in the oven, 30-40 red potatoes, 4 heads of cabbage, 2 lbs. of carrots, etc. The guys were great and helped me alot since I was not feeling well. The sad thing is after all that cooking I ate lunch and then promptly got sick. Bad mistake. So, I helped with the clean up and went home and crashed on the couch and took a nap.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #34
Head Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to tancowgirl2000
Not sure if you all really wanna here this but I sure need to vent...and LOTS!!! I just starting working at a hardware store, and my @senior@.....oops they are mixed up ..the @: and "......anyways my senior staff consists of 2 girls that have been there since August and not to brag I think I have more experience in the area then they....dont ask...ok so they made a new schedule that is "FAIR".....and rotates..one week you do cash, one you do stock one you do what ever...this is so that when orders are done on fridays stock is pulled and only one person gets the blame for it.....well in the next month I have 17 stock shifts.....they each have 8 and I get ALL the Fridays.....SO when things get over ordered and I mess up...its MY fault!!! ERRRRR!!!!!

I dont want to be the whiner, but come on!! Newbie or not I give a rats butt, there is NO way I should be set up for this fall!!! Talk about BS...the head Cashier insists that it is even....we rotate weeks...I dont get it.....my problem now...I dont have a problem doing the work but I dont want to be the fall guy. Everytime I bring something up the two of them go their own way and wont talk to me. Do I go to the next person in line or do I ignore this? I repeat...I DONT want to be the whiner!!! How do I fix this...I love working where I am....mom's been doing this line of work for 30 years..where I picked up most of my talent HAHA!!.....but I cant be the fall guyy for them!

OK so on a lighter note...im going to see a personal trainer tomorrow and see if I can afford to do it....**cross fingers**.....oh and I dont work tomorrow so all will be good......till Friday......

Who would ever think that fridays could be a bad thing?
Old 03-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiQ
Holy Smokes Kadesma!!!!I remember days like that- the only consolation I can give you is they do pass!!!Wish I could help you out there- Love and energy, Vicki
Thanks Vicki,
It did get better, Ethan and Carson both finally fell asleep..Baby Olivia was happy to just kick and coo in the playpen..Cade setteled down with a book I got him and read to me..After having 4 of my own, I should have remembered I'd have days like this Thanks for the support
hugs to you,
kadesma