What's your desktop picture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here's my desktop pic. my little guy in all of his new hockey gear at grandma and grandpa's house:

img_1105582_0_f76cb690167304abb74834802b57c0f9.jpg

The kid wants to be a goalie?!?!

That's a tough job. Looks like he's ready!

Goalies are a breed apart. Gotta be a little nuts to do that job. BT, remind him to ALWAYS wear that mask, protect that cute little noggin of his.

There is no need to be torn. There is a very simple application to be completed requesting acceptance as a converted fan of Red Sox Nation.

don't listen to him, lp. he always holds his thumb over the part about your soul and eternal damnation. then you have to sign in blood...

...well, DUH!
I know that application. When I moved to BC and was found out to be a member of Rider Nation (Saskatchewan Roughriders - once a fan, always a fan) I was given a similar document to sign over all cheering rights to the Lions. I found an escape clause that allowed me to cheer for the Lions unless they were playing the Riders. It's been working well for 30 years :LOL:.

So far it has been working well in Baseball - Cheer for Blue Jays when they play others cheer for Red Sox when they play each other...

Sorry Bucky (and Canada) he got to me before your warning!:ohmy: What can I say - they play Neil Diamond for the 7th/8th inning stretch and that wins out over Patriotism in my books! :rolleyes:

here's my desktop pic. my little guy in all of his new hockey gear at grandma and grandpa's house:
Love the pic BuckyT! Can't believe how he is growing up! Oh, and I told Dad about Papa Beier and he got a big chuckle out of it! He said to make sure that mask stays on as he doesn't want another broken nose! :)

I know that application. When I moved to BC and was found out to be a member of Rider Nation (Saskatchewan Roughriders - once a fan, always a fan) I was given a similar document to sign over all cheering rights to the Lions. I found an escape clause that allowed me to cheer for the Lions unless they were playing the Riders. It's been working well for 30 years :LOL:.

So far it has been working well in Baseball - Cheer for Blue Jays when they play others cheer for Red Sox when they play each other...

Sorry Bucky (and Canada) he got to me before your warning!:ohmy: What can I say - they play Neil Diamond for the 7th/8th inning stretch and that wins out over Patriotism in my books! :rolleyes:

Anyone who cheers for the Red Sox is all right in my book. :clap::clap:

Anyone who cheers for the Red Sox is all right in my book. :clap::clap:
For some reason I have always liked the Red Sox, even when I was younger. But they are specially dear to my heart since I traced my Dad's Grandfather to Quincy Mass. and found some Red Sox tickets in amongst his papers.

I really like the Patriots as well.

But please do not EVER expect me to cheer for the Bruins :mad:.

For some reason I have always liked the Red Sox, even when I was younger. But they are specially dear to my heart since I traced my Dad's Grandfather to Quincy Mass. and found some Red Sox tickets in amongst his papers.

I really like the Patriots as well.

But please do not EVER expect me to cheer for the Bruins :mad:.

I understand Miss Canada. We do have a rather large number of banners hanging in the Garden. I don't even follow them. Or the Celtics. I do know that any time we are playing the Maple Leafs or Canadiens, there is a lot of concern. We reconize there superior playing skills. After all hockey belongs to Canada. :)

This was on my igoogle homepage this morning. I definitely am changing my desktop background:

Froggy.jpg

Goalies are a breed apart. Gotta be a little nuts to do that job. BT, remind him to ALWAYS wear that mask, protect that cute little noggin of his.
I was a goalie all of my life. From five years old, through the minor hockey ranks, junior b and up until now. My participation has been patchy over the last few years, but the gear is still in the basement ready to go when I decide I want to take a few pucks for the team again. When I fall I keep getting up, just a bit slower every year. lol Old jocks die hard. It ain't a pretty thing.....

We do have a rather large number of banners hanging in the Garden. I don't even follow them. Or the Celtics. I do know that any time we are playing the Maple Leafs or Canadiens, there is a lot of concern. We reconize there superior playing skills. After all hockey belongs to Canada. :)

It hasn't been very fun being a Leafs, Senators or Canadians fan for the last decade. The Bruins have been doing well the last few years. On the bright side, we can get out and enjoy the nice spring weather because our teams are rarely in the playoffs ...

Flowers that I bought for my wife a couple weeks ago. Took a few pics and thats the new desktop.

6815823693_15c0993fee_b.jpg

This is a little lake I pass on my way to town. I used to pass there about 5:45 every morning to go and open up the restaurant. This was taken last June. Pictures don't do it justice.

Attachments

• sun up on my way to work.jpg
    sun up on my way to work.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 157
It hasn't been very fun being a Leafs, Senators or Canadians fan for the last decade. The Bruins have been doing well the last few years. On the bright side, we can get out and enjoy the nice spring weather because our teams are rarely in the playoffs ...

I completely understand the frustration of our neighbors to the North. After all Hockey is to Canada as Baseball is to America.

The one thing we do in Boston to honor the origins of the game is to flood Fenway Park, our local American League Boston Red Sox home, and have hockey games outside like the game originated. I am afraid we are spoiled. The players complain about how cold it is, the wind is blowing, etc. Grow up players. Go to Canada and play with the real men of the game. :ohmy:

addie, i know a whole lotta hockey players in minnesota and wisconsin who might argue about that.

I rarely shut down my laptop, and always seem to have a browser open, so I minimized to take a look and it is just a stock microsoft wallpaper, LOL

Sometimes it is a picture of my grandkids, or a picture of my husband and I, or a picture of my dogs. When my boys were younger, it was a picture of them.

I've always loved that picture of mom and baby PF. It can't possibly be a real picture, can It?

SOOOOOOO sweet!!

It is a real picture, I'm trying to remember the name of the photographer. You can buy prints of it at most poster sites. The baby's name is Makulu.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom