What's Your Least Favorite Household Chore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I have 2.
My new vacuum is in the shop.Apparently it needs to have the cover replaced.I don't like to vacuum this house.

My 2nd is mopping floors.
I went to 3 different places to buy replacement mop heads couldn't find them.So I came home got online and bought this one from Amazon.

Amazon.com - Spin Mop - Deluxe Stainless Steel Spin Mop and Bucket System with Wheels by MopRite - Dual Function System for Spin Washing and Drying - No Foot Pedal Needed - Includes 2 Microfiber Mop Heads and Scrub Brush - Satisfaction Guaranteed! -

It's a bit pricey.But I like that it has a 3 gallon capacity,stainless steel, and replacement mop heads can easily be found.No more lifting and carting around a heavy sloshy bucket.

Cleaning the shower. Also on the list is washing muffin tins and cooling racks.

Ok, add the shower to my list to.
We have 2 one is tiled. The other isn't.Cleaning the grout and then the soap scum off the doors is a lot of work.

Well let's add 1 more.The tubs.The master bath has one that's really deep.Odd shaped.It's hard to clean all around it.No wonder my back always hurts.I think that new mop system is going to make things a lot easier for me.

Last edited:
Vacuuming the carpets and washing the floor. I usually have my cleaning lady do them, but she recently broke her ankle at her home, requiring pins, and then slipped in her bathtub, severely injuring her shoulder and requiring more surgery. Poor lady, she's down for the count for quite awhile, so I guess I'll be refamiliarizing myself with my cleaning equipment.

Last edited:
Cleaning up after I cook. I want minions to come in and do it all! :LOL:

Soap scum? Try scrubbing the shower walls (we have fiberglass, but I don't know why this wouldn't work on tile too) with (wait for it)...shampoo. Seriously. Use it sparingly, and don't stand in the tub in your shorts or swimsuit to do it, but it's easy-peasy. I wet the walls, smear a wet, shampoo-laden sponge all over the walls, then wait a bit. A little water in the tub (or a low bucket, if you're cleaning the shower) and a scrub brush, and you make quick work of the scum. Walls are sparkling clean AND your lungs never gave you any complaints from the caustic stuff. As a bonus, you can use up any shampoo you bought on impulse and then found out that it and your hair were not compatible.

I have an uncharacteristic aversion to this whole topic...

That about sums it up for me too! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The toilet annoys me the most.

I think the people that design them never have to clean them!

I can't understand why a toilet has to have that small space behind it and so many odd places for dust and grime to accumulate, why can't they all be built to sit tight to the wall and go straight to the floor like this one!

Caroma Metro Wall Faced Toilet Suite : 7 Days Plumbing

Speaking of toilets, this was the toilet in the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. This hotel is world renowned, was built in the late 1800's and is called "The Castle in the Rockies". It is a fairly expensive hotel, but for that kind of money the bathrooms could have been better.
The toilet was so close to the glass shower enclosure that you had to sit sideways, That book covering the opening was 8 by 10 inches, and the toilet was so close to the sink that you had to take the toilet paper off the spindle to use it!
i wonder how it could be cleaned behind the toilet This toilet may have been appropriate for a toddler.

Attachments

• IMG_5735.jpg
    IMG_5735.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_5741.jpg
    IMG_5741.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Yep, that was a toilet to remember. Geeze..a memorable toilet. Since it's a historic building, walls can't be knocked down to make bathrooms bigger but wow, that was really close quarters!

Wow, that does look like kind of an uncomfortable toilet, SC and K. :ohmy: The shower is nice, though. :)

My least fave household chore is the bathrooms, and a close second is windows. :glare: I don't mind vacuuming so much since I got a new vacuum cleaner last year - I love my Shark swivel head, it's so much easier.

Munky, that looks like a great mop and bucket setup.

Wow, that does look like kind of an uncomfortable toilet, SC and K. :ohmy: The shower is nice, though. :)

The shower was a nightmare waiting to happen too Cheryl. As you can see it's beautiful marble, but slick as a whistle, no rubber mat to use, and not even a single hand hold inside. The bathroom was about twice the size of the ones on the airplane. The best I can say was it was immaculately clean.:LOL: The size of the bedroom was ok, but like most historic hotels, quite small by today's standards. It was just an awesome property though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom