Where have you always wanted to go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Even if it is close by. I just admitted to wanting to see Michigan. I know I've hit every state in the CONUS (lower 48 if you live in Alaska; Mainland if you live in Hawaii), but I do not think I've ever set foot in Michigan.

For many years I wanted to travel "abroad", but flying has lost its appeal. But I want to take a road trip and see Michigan, maybe next year. Assuming we don't acquire a new dog.

Our 30th anniversary is coming up, and sometimes I think of local (so to speak) places. When we were traveling cross country, Starved Rock outside of Utica, IL was a great, old-fashioned resort.

I ALWAYS have an insatiable desire to visit Disney Land(FL or CA, makes no matter to me)...&, I have been there pleanty!

somewhere warm, but not in a handbasket. :angel:

really though, i need a tropical vacation. i'ver heard good things about aruba, barbados, and costa rica.

heck, sanibel is., florida would do.

really though, i need a tropical vacation. i'ver heard good things about aruba, barbados, and costa rica.

If you go to Sanibel, there's Ding Darling National Park where you can see the exotic birds nesting. (I just love the name Ding Darling.)

Ireland, Scottland and Wales, certain spots in England. Australia and New Zealand.

If you go to Sanibel, there's Ding Darling National Park where you can see the exotic birds nesting. (I just love the name Ding Darling.)

yup, been there many times. we always stay at the casa ybel, if anyone's interested in going. great place.

oh, forget the nesting birds. we almost ran over an alligator the last time we were there.

and while wading in chest deep water off captiva, 2 big sharks brushed past me while chasing fish.

it's a good thing they didn't like pasty white folks.

I want to go many places, but the two that stand out are Australia and Alaska.

I have also always wanted to go on a cruise--2 actually. One to Alaska and one to the Caribbean.

:)Barbara

I would love to do a food tour of France, Spain & Italy.

Heck, I'd love to do any trip to France, Spain or Italy!

And I've always wanted to go to Tahiti.

Tom, we're leaving for our annual visit to Aruba. It's a great place to recharge and soak up some sun. The weather's great all the time.

There's a lot of Europe I haven't yet seen that I would like to see. My list is rather extensive though. I'd like to REvisit places where I didn't have enough time. Tops of that list is Manhattan. I need a couple of weeks just to hit all the museums and get to all the food places.
Driving tour:
Atlantic Canada
Eastern US
Southern US (got some folks I'd like to meet there!)
Back up through the middle and then home.

Grand Canyon is on the list.
Egypt is DEFINITELY on the list
I'd like to see Jerusalem and Israel, but I'm not really willing to get my butt shot off to do it!

I want to go many places, but the two that stand out are Australia and Alaska.

I have also always wanted to go on a cruise--2 actually. One to Alaska and one to the Caribbean.

:)Barbara

Those are my two places, also.

I always wanted to go to Spain, run with the bulls and learn to dance the pasadoble with a tall, elegant, graceful women of culture and refinement.

As far as any Spanish food goes I dunno...

...nothing comes to mind.

I want to take a week and drive up to meet Alix! That would include Banff on the drive. I need to get a passport!

And Astoria, Oregon...we want to take the train out to the coast and back.

Don't wait to go until you retire if possible, go when you have your health. Although it would be nice to have your health, and I hope I do, when I retire, it is so much easier to get around while you can walk/hike. Don't wait!

When I was young we traveled across the US and Canada (northern route).
Go overseas, we went to Scotland for 2 weeks in my 30's, and Jamaica in my 20's.
Camping/canoeing/fishing/hiking not too far from home (within a few hundred miles) for many years with kids.
California for a friend's wedding and just to travel up and down the coast.

Then just about when I hit 40 I realized I was waiting until retirement--and I should just go on some dream vacations now in case my health takes a hit.
So I went to Alaska--flew into Anchorage--so cool. 3X in one year. Fishing, camping, train trip to Fairbanks.
Then a few years ago, to the Grand Canyon, went on a smooth water float, saw Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon.
Went to Vegas for the first time, it's a wild town!
Went to DC to see all the Smithsonians and historical sites we could see--my son and I.
Traveled to the Wisconsin Dells area and Baraboo, very pretty area and fun things to do. House on the Rock, Cave of the Mounds.
Last week--NC SC and GA, for some southern cooking and to see the beaches/islands. We collected shells, saw spanish moss, hiked, ate grits, shrimp, sweet potato fries, fried green tomatoes.
Hey, thats 8 vacations in 10 years--not too bad!

Now I'm 50, I don't know where I will choose to go next, maybe FL or TX, maybe get my passport and see some Mexico, or visit some Canadian relatives. I haven't decided yet.

I almost always travel inexpensively (get good flight prices, 2 or 3 star hotels at off season rates, weekly car rental discount), off season, rent a car, see the sights I want to see and travel throughout the area to get a feel for the nature and culture there. It's more than a year of saving up most of the time, just for that 7-10 days away and well worth scrimping and saving.

The internet, youtube, photo albums--are so interesting, it makes it much easier to find interesting places to go now and I don't have to depend on a travel agent or media hype.

Go NOW!! you'll carry those memories into retirement. Travel safe.

Fortunately I have been to many countries in Europe that I have always wanted to. I would return to every single one. My favourites would have to be Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic, Bosnia, Croatia, Italy (especially Sicily), Slovenia and Austria. In fact, we fell in love with Europe so hard we bought a house there two years ago.

The top places I want to go that I have never been to are:

Egypt
Israel
Lebanon
Jordan
Turkey
Slovakia
Hungary

Yellowstone. I really want to see Old Faithful erupt and stay at the Old Faithful Inn. Next would be to drive up along the coast of Oregon and Washington and end up in the Olympic Peninsula. Also, on my list is to spend a week at Spring training in Arizona with the S.F. Giants.

Back
Top Bottom