Which celebrity chef do you dislike?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The weirdest incongruence is The Next Food Network Star. The criteria they use to evaluate contestants includes cooking ability, yet the Food Network has almost nothing to do with cooking anymore.

Since there is a thread about the BEST celebrity chef I want to know which celebrity chef you can't stand. :mellow:

I won't say "can't stand"......just can't stand to watch lol.

Rachael Ray, she's gets on my nerves with all that hand movement and evoo. I think she puts olive oil in everything just so she can say that.

The Neelys, they are soooo sickening.

he's not a celebrity chef, but i really can't stand jeffrey steingarten as a judge on iron chef.

i get the fact that he's judging on a very high level, but he tries too hard to act like an expert on every taste. yes, we know, you're a big shot. don't try so hard to be a jerk about it. taste is, afterall, subjective. get over yourself.

and please close your mouth when you chew. you're drooling.

I'm not a big fan of Bobby Flay. I'm sure he's a good cook, but I don't like his attitude about other people. He comes across as arrogant.

My family came to the Territory (Mississippi) in 1799....I am Southern Bred, and Southern Born ~~~ An American By Birth and a Southerner By The Grace of God.

I do however have to admit....I am totally embarrassed at the likes of Paula Deen Y'all. I mean Y'all she is a very,very poor ambassador Y'all for the Southern Cause Y'all...Ya'll know what I mean.. Y'all? :rolleyes:

I am from our nation's capital, Richmond Va of course, and I have to agree

the very sound of paula deen's voice produces instant attitude in me. if you are in the room, i'm apt to bark at you for no reason whatsoever, so be warned....

I have a difficult time with that "girl" on Bitchin' Kitchen... on the Cooking network. She tries so hard to be... something...I dunno what. I couldn't even tell you if what she tries to show us is any good...I don't pay attention to her cooking. I just stare at her wondering how the heck she got her own TV show.

Let's see... Rachael Ray's voice bugs me, but not enough that I wouldn't watch her. I really don't like to watch Barefoot Contessa or Sandra Lee. I think they are both really terrible shows. I really can't identify with Ina Garten. I think she is odd and her food is gross. Sandra Lee drinks too much, and I don't think you could call her show a cooking show, it's more like a commercial for processed foods.

That Ramsey. He just needs to lighten up! lol Great cook though

I can not stand Gordon Ramsey either. If he talked to me the way he talks to people on his shows, I would smack him on the head with a cast iron skillet so hard, he'd have to unzip his pants to eat!

That Ramsey. He just needs to lighten up! lol Great cook though
I know Gordon personally. His television personna is not like the real man. What many people don't know about him is that he was a professional football player whose career was cut drastically short by a severe injury, he lost a brother to drug abuse and he spends a lot of his time and money on AA and NA charities. He doesn't make a big deal out of any of this- hardly anyone but his friends knows what he really does when the cameras are off- but he's the real thing.... a good guy. All the rest is just to hype the TV ratings throughout the English speaking world.

I know Gordon personally. His television personna is not like the real man. What many people don't know about him is that he was a professional football player whose career was cut drastically short by a severe injury, he lost a brother to drug abuse and he spends a lot of his time and money on AA and NA charities. He doesn't make a big deal out of any of this- hardly anyone but his friends knows what he really does when the cameras are off- but he's the real thing.... a good guy. All the rest is just to hype the TV ratings throughout the English speaking world.

true, ramsay rails at those young hell's kitchen contestants, slamming their raw scallops and chicken mistakes with ferocious zeal into the awaiting trash bins. some feelings get hurt, but the chaff is being separated from the wheat at the same time, and yes, let's not forget, this is, after all, tv. ramsay's volatile outbursts of rage are his meal ticket as much as are his skills as a chef. he has clearly emerged as the "softie" of the three judges on the masterchef show. i didn't know the aspects of his personal history that you cited, pod, but ramsay's goodness and caring spirit shine through for all to see in all of his performances. i go out of my way to watch any show he is on. he is witty, outrageous, entertaining and highly infectious--and many of us, well, we love him....:)

Bourdain rips Fieri all the time, both on his show and on Twitter. I don't think he can go 3 days on Twitter without saying something about Guy.

Letrell said:
I have a difficult time with that "girl" on Bitchin' Kitchen... on the Cooking network. She tries so hard to be... something...I dunno what. I couldn't even tell you if what she tries to show us is any good...I don't pay attention to her cooking. I just stare at her wondering how the heck she got her own TV show.

I soon agree. I don't understand the concept of the show and her voice is like nails on a blackboard.

Ya I agree paula deen just scares me :glare:

Attachments

• paula_dean.jpg
    paula_dean.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 86
Question? does be nice register here? Post our dislikes but don't bash. What does is get any of us? Just makes us seem snarky and mean, And I know you're nice and kind.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom