Who won The Next Food Network Star?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
marmalady said:
Guy won. I think Reggie was just a little too-----for FTV.

Sassy? :-p

I watched some of the shows, I swear he said "sassy" so much I was ready to smack him upside the head! (Can you tell I'm not big on a certain other chef's little three letter gimmick, either? :angel: )

John

I liked Guy and his spiked hair.

Reggie was just as he said "Sassy"! Too bad it was a little too much for Food Network.

I think there could be a place for what's his name (bald and big smile) to do a show on the line cook (the saute chef) typical items, skills, mise en place, and timings. but that's me...looking for real instruction.

I really thought Reggie's show would be more to my liking - simple southern right? It'll be interesting to see what Guy's will turn out to be. - Glenda

Actually, Reggie's show was "Simply Spectacular." I didn't see a whole lot of the Southern aspect.

If Nathan got a show I'd turn him off on principal. He irritated the *crap* out of me with his "I'm a stud" attitude. If anybody could do a line cook show, Andy would be the one. He has the most apparent real-kitchen experience while being *highly* down-to-earth. I liked him a lot, though his delivery was stiff. You could tell he was a cook first and a host second. He wasn't very polished, and I liked that.

I did really like Reggie - I thought he could do a sort of 'Paula Deen goes uptown' kind of show. But his food wasn't *spectacular*, and he is primarily a pastry chef, so I'm sure there were questions about how strong he'd be in other areas.

Guy's got the 'flash', his food looks fun, so we'll see.

I did like them both, and wished somehow they could both have been given contracts!

Now I get to wait til tomorrow night for Nashville Stars!:)

How about the Nate and Andy Saute Show...one's west coast one's east, each gets 15 minutes...ingredients, prep, cook, plate!

I liked Guy better than Reggie. He had the look and the personality for a great show.

I agree about Guy... I really wanted him to win from the begginning, he seems to think outside the box, which I like a lot. There's definitely a place for classicly prepared dishes, but like Guy I get bored with that sort of thing easily. I'm excited to see what sort of food he makes on his show.

Back
Top Bottom