Wish me luck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LT. Congrats in spades. You did very well. Wish I could have been there. The most I ever cooked for was at a stake Girl's Camp that I and a good freind of mine volunteered to cook for. We made food for them for a week. I was amazed at how many of them said things like "Wow! I wish I got food like this at home." We did get a few picky eaters who turned their noses up at everything, and who acted very spoiled. But all in all, the week was a great time and a great memory. There were actually four of us, with myself and my freind as the lead cooks. The other two took the part of helpers.

My daughter's wedding was much, much harder. It was 200 people for one evening, but I was the only cook and was working from a very small kitchen. That one was work.

When you can organize an outing for 600 though, well you did something extraordinary in my book. Again, great job to a great girl.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Church!

How blessed were you for having a party for churchgoers! No wonder you had everything perfect ! I just thought it was neighborhood or some kind of organization, but organization for church. Just know that it was surely worth it and appreciated too. Out of 600, there should be someone who wants to give as you have been given? Let's see what happens. I know I would not expect it next year but offer to have it myself so you don't get burned out or worse resentful.

Am I glad you had chairs for everyone. I don't like standing for more than two hours, I have to go home or else go sit in the car for a while. I am sure everyone is talking how great a person you are. Be sure, you did well and worth every minute.

Now SIT DOWN!!!

Back
Top Bottom