Wow. Smalltown honesty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so glad you posted this, pacanis. I've had some exceptional small town experiences myself in the last week that have just warmed my heart (I was the recipient of the kindness.) It's so nice to know that it's happening everywhere. And in case you don't know it, the owner of that wallet will remember this forever with a big smile!:)

Pacanis, I love small towns for the fact that people seem to be more apt to look out for their own. You are a treasure for caring enough to find the owner of the wallet.

Oh, Pacanis, I am glad you know at least part of the story. Thanks for sharing all of this. You are such a kind soul. I hope this person really appreciates your part in the return of her wallet.

Thank you so much for sharing.

You are a good man Pacanis! :)

We went through a fast-food drive through the other weekend. It was very busy and there was a new person being trained on the window. The Manager was all over trying to help and train him and completely distracted him. As I pulled away I realized he gave be back $14 dollars more change then he should have. I brought the moneny back to them and you would have thought I had 3 heads by the reaction. I got the strangest look and .. "um....oh..thanks". Guess I shocked them.

Like others, I am not a bit surprised that you did the right thing, pacanis. I had you figured for a good guy. But thanks for sharing the story with us, because it inspired others to share similar stories. There are plenty of good things going on in our everyday lives that give us (and others) the optimism we need to counter all the bad news that we hear every day.

You are a good man Pacanis! :)

We went through a fast-food drive through the other weekend. It was very busy and there was a new person being trained on the window. The Manager was all over trying to help and train him and completely distracted him. As I pulled away I realized he gave be back $14 dollars more change then he should have. I brought the moneny back to them and you would have thought I had 3 heads by the reaction. I got the strangest look and .. "um....oh..thanks". Guess I shocked them.

I get that 'shocked look' often too from our clients. When paying cash, bills would often stick together, especially new bills, when being handed to me. Over the years, I've gotten many sandwiched 20 dollar bills which I immediately noticed and handed back to clients.

Noooo luvs, I'm not great. Like I said before, I know I'm honest. I commend the first person who found the wallet/purse thing and set it where it would be found.
Maybe it's how I grew up, but I guess I expect the worse out of a stranger before the best, and I was truly shocked to see it laying there.

But thanks anyway ;)

Just a few eeks ago Don lost his wallet when he went to the drug-store. Strangely enough the person who found it knows Don's aunt so he called her to say I found your nephew's wallet.

Noooo luvs, I'm not great. Like I said before, I know I'm honest. I commend the first person who found the wallet/purse thing and set it where it would be found.
Maybe it's how I grew up, but I guess I expect the worse out of a stranger before the best, and I was truly shocked to see it laying there.

But thanks anyway ;)
LOL I have always expected people to do the right thing, so when I go back to pay for something I wasn't charged for, or if I show them they gave me too much change, etc., it always amazes me that they are shocked that someone did the right thing!

Just a few eeks ago Don lost his wallet when he went to the drug-store. Strangely enough the person who found it knows Don's aunt so he called her to say I found your nephew's wallet.
I wonder why she didn't call Don? Maybe she wanted to tattle on him by telling his aunt! LOL

:)Barbara

:) I don't think anybody should keep what dos not belong to them. Dh and I believe you should always help someone in any way you can. I believe because of that our lives are richer in many ways.

:) I don't think anybody should keep what dos not belong to them. Dh and I believe you should always help someone in any way you can. I believe because of that our lives are richer in many ways.

Amen to that-Doing the right thing is its own reward.

Pacanis I have the same issue. I don't trust people before I do....
May be an east cost thing.... may not... but I don't care where you live
LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!!
Duh.

I left my purse in a Walmart shopping cart just after cashing my pay check, It took me an hour to realize where I left it, I returned to the walmart thinking for sure if it got turned in the money would be gone. To my suprise some very nice woman turned it in with nothing touched. The commical thing was that the Walmart manager asked for ID when I saw the purse and said it was mine. I looked at her and laughed and she must have realized that all my ID was in my purse, she then asked if I could tell her what was in the outside pocket. I was very lucky that day.
Way to be honest pacanis!!!

Pacanis I have the same issue. I don't trust people before I do....
May be an east cost thing.... may not... but I don't care where you live
LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!!
Duh.
Growing up in southern California, I always lock my doors. Like I always told my kids at school (when the subject came up), you could lay all your money out on your front lawn as far as I'm concerned. But, as I told them, I wouldn't recommend it! Too many people give in to temptation.

Hey, I may have passed that Walmart when I went out for a bike ride last week.
I took 394 to the new bike shop in Jamestown. Very scenic ride. No traffic til I got into town.
And are you kidding me?! A combination Taco Bell/KFC in the same building!
How cool is that?!

Hey, I may have passed that Walmart when I went out for a bike ride last week.
I took 394 to the new bike shop in Jamestown. Very scenic ride. No traffic til I got into town.
And are you kidding me?! A combination Taco Bell/KFC in the same building!
How cool is that?!

Very cool!....a fellow cyclist. :)

Actually, here in CA, Taco Bell & KFC can be found together under the same roof in many locations. I think a parent company owns them both, including a pizza chain as well.

Very cool!....a fellow cyclist. :)

Actually, here in CA, Taco Bell & KFC can be found together under the same roof in many locations. I think a parent company owns them both, including a pizza chain as well.
Yep, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, and possibly another (A&W?) are owned by the same people. You can find various combinations in many places.

Well it was a first for me.
It just goes to show you how slow my own town and the city to the west is. I take a 60 minute putt into NY and I run into this fine establishment in a town much smaller than Erie.
I would have stopped except I wouldn't have known what to order :pig:

...A combination Taco Bell/KFC in the same building!
How cool is that?!

Well it was a first for me.
It just goes to show you how slow my own town and the city to the west is. I take a 60 minute putt into NY and I run into this fine establishment in a town much smaller than Erie.
I would have stopped except I wouldn't have known what to order :pig:
A chicken taco of course! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom