"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #21
Executive Chef

I'm so glad you posted this, pacanis. I've had some exceptional small town experiences myself in the last week that have just warmed my heart (I was the recipient of the kindness.) It's so nice to know that it's happening everywhere. And in case you don't know it, the owner of that wallet will remember this forever with a big smile!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #22
Senior Cook

Pacanis, I love small towns for the fact that people seem to be more apt to look out for their own. You are a treasure for caring enough to find the owner of the wallet.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #23
Certified Cake Maniac

Oh, Pacanis, I am glad you know at least part of the story. Thanks for sharing all of this. You are such a kind soul. I hope this person really appreciates your part in the return of her wallet.

Thank you so much for sharing.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #24
Master Chef

Site Moderator

You are a good man Pacanis!

We went through a fast-food drive through the other weekend. It was very busy and there was a new person being trained on the window. The Manager was all over trying to help and train him and completely distracted him. As I pulled away I realized he gave be back $14 dollars more change then he should have. I brought the moneny back to them and you would have thought I had 3 heads by the reaction. I got the strangest look and .. "um....oh..thanks". Guess I shocked them.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #25
Head Chef

Like others, I am not a bit surprised that you did the right thing, pacanis. I had you figured for a good guy. But thanks for sharing the story with us, because it inspired others to share similar stories. There are plenty of good things going on in our everyday lives that give us (and others) the optimism we need to counter all the bad news that we hear every day.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #26
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
You are a good man Pacanis!

We went through a fast-food drive through the other weekend. It was very busy and there was a new person being trained on the window. The Manager was all over trying to help and train him and completely distracted him. As I pulled away I realized he gave be back $14 dollars more change then he should have. I brought the moneny back to them and you would have thought I had 3 heads by the reaction. I got the strangest look and .. "um....oh..thanks". Guess I shocked them.

I get that 'shocked look' often too from our clients. When paying cash, bills would often stick together, especially new bills, when being handed to me. Over the years, I've gotten many sandwiched 20 dollar bills which I immediately noticed and handed back to clients.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #27
Master Chef

you're thread is great, pancanis! & you're great, too!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Noooo luvs, I'm not great. Like I said before, I know I'm honest. I commend the first person who found the wallet/purse thing and set it where it would be found.
Maybe it's how I grew up, but I guess I expect the worse out of a stranger before the best, and I was truly shocked to see it laying there.

But thanks anyway
Old 09-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Just a few eeks ago Don lost his wallet when he went to the drug-store. Strangely enough the person who found it knows Don's aunt so he called her to say I found your nephew's wallet.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #30
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Noooo luvs, I'm not great. Like I said before, I know I'm honest. I commend the first person who found the wallet/purse thing and set it where it would be found.
Maybe it's how I grew up, but I guess I expect the worse out of a stranger before the best, and I was truly shocked to see it laying there.

But thanks anyway
LOL I have always expected people to do the right thing, so when I go back to pay for something I wasn't charged for, or if I show them they gave me too much change, etc., it always amazes me that they are shocked that someone did the right thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie View Post
Just a few eeks ago Don lost his wallet when he went to the drug-store. Strangely enough the person who found it knows Don's aunt so he called her to say I found your nephew's wallet.
I wonder why she didn't call Don? Maybe she wanted to tattle on him by telling his aunt! LOL

Barbara