"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #31
Master Chef

Mr. Potato Head was lonely.........he was the only one in the barrel without a girlfriend and had been on the market a looooooong time..........he was tired of changing disguises only for kids' pleasure..........so during a cat nap during cold storage an idea came to him.......why not send a letter and advertise for a girlfriend......he got out the old typewriter.....sorry kids.....this accessory didn't come with Mr. Potato Head........only the face changes.....and he posted a picture of himself lying across the dining room table as a young spud..... it wasn't long before a young hot potato named "Kitty" wrote him back............lucky for her he wasn't a masher.....he was sincere as most people from Idaho are.........it wasn't long before they became Mr & Mrs. Potato Head and made millions on the market........ and they sprouted happily ever after...........the end

Old 07-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #32
Master Chef

sorry for the repetition of words in this whimsical story.....this was composed in about 10 minutes and I'm sure there is a way to see what you're going to post but I don't know how to do it....so what you see by me is NOT proofed........I look at it now and cringe at some of the repetitions but I was totally inspired and couldn't stop writing.....thanks, Barbs, for the mental challenge......

Old 07-25-2008, 08:54 AM   #33
Master Chef

such a great thread, barbara!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #34
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks luvs and expat!

Hey Debs, no need to apologize! I loved your story! What a cute idea! I'm so glad this thread is going over well. I love all the creative ideas! Also, you mentioned earlier that you like to write without reading the others' stories first. I do that too.

Barbara
Old 07-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #35
Master Chef

Thanks, Barbs! I had fun writing it. :)....that is a great mental exercise (good for my "alzheimer's") to take five unrelated words and come up with a story.....it's obvious that you're a writer as well as others...........I look forward one day to a book signing by you :) yeah, I know, SUp! But I mean it just the same!:)
Old 07-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #36
Master Chef

well, thank you barb, fer a great thread.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #37
Head Chef

What a bunch of beautiful writers, so creative.....each painting a picture with words.
Knights--my blood was racing to the end of the story.
expat--I thought that was just so funny, you made such excellent choices in your words, it made me chuckle.
All of them --each story--is so heartfelt, or warm or funny or a combination of them, there is so much talent in you all. thank you for sharing, I'm enjoying reading each one and it would be a huge effort on my part to squeeze out that much creativity (I'm not saying I won't try at some point), it must be that each of you are natural writers.
~blissful wishing she was better at this...soon.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #38
Master Chef

hey, blissful, don't be intimidated.......that's why I won't read others' stories until aftr I have written mine........it's best to go with something you're familiar with........I grew up with playing with Mr. Potato Head (if you even know what that is) and I've been a teaser all my life----I'm the class clown who never got into trouble.......know why? I wasn't a guy.........girls can read body language and know when the teacher is going to explode.....so I never climbed Mt. Vesuvius.........I knew when to back off hahahaha........come on........I know that you have a story hidden inside of you.......
Old 07-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #39
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
hey, blissful, don't be intimidated.......that's why I won't read others' stories until aftr I have written mine........it's best to go with something you're familiar with........I grew up with playing with Mr. Potato Head (if you even know what that is) and I've been a teaser all my life----I'm the class clown who never got into trouble.......know why? I wasn't a guy.........girls can read body language and know when the teacher is going to explode.....so I never climbed Mt. Vesuvius.........I knew when to back off hahahaha........come on........I know that you have a story hidden inside of you.......
If you only knew......I had a mr. potato head, lol We lost pieces along the way. Don't you wish some of the teachers would explode along the way? lol Isn't it funny that people don't read body language, I think it is. (though i do work with only men) I'll try, I promise, give me time. I probably have a story in me, I'm just working on it. ~bliss
Old 07-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #40
Executive Chef

I am such a multi-tasker, I was relaxing outside reading a magazine while watching my puppy play on the gravel drive, when I noticed the ground over by my brick oven. A little kitty was taking a nap in the sunshine. Just then the clatter of a typewriter disturbed the silence from the open dining room window. I got up and popped my head in. "Yo, couch potato!" I yelled, "off the antique, eh?"