The TV writers' strike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's apples and oranges, but I am far more concerned about the potential UPS strike that will start on August 1st without an updated contract. UPS (United Parcel Service) handles approximately 28% of America's shipping. I do wonder what will happen to supply chains, commerce, etc. Honestly, I was shocked how much they move around the US.

It's apples and oranges, but I am far more concerned about the potential UPS strike that will start on August 1st without an updated contract. UPS (United Parcel Service) handles approximately 28% of America's shipping. I do wonder what will happen to supply chains, commerce, etc. Honestly, I was shocked how much they move around the US.
My high dollar refrigerated medications are delivered by FedEx.

I’ve wondered if a 28% reduction in America’s shipping capacity will cause delays in these overnight deliveries.

I suppose that we will adapt to this as we have with so many things over the last few years but I am concerned that all of these things along with climate change, gun violence, the war in Ukraine, illegal immigration, etc. are seriously stressing our resources and weakening our nation.

Where is the tipping point?

My high dollar refrigerated medications are delivered by FedEx.

I’ve wondered if a 28% reduction in America’s shipping capacity will cause delays in these overnight deliveries.

I suppose that we will adapt to this as we have with so many things over the last few years but I am concerned that all of these things along with climate change, gun violence, the war in Ukraine, illegal immigration, etc. are seriously stressing our resources and weakening our nation.

Where is the tipping point?
Interesting question. I think it will depend on how the US responds to these changes. If the response is just more of the same-old, same-old, then I suspect that the tipping point is closer than if there is adaptation before it's adapt or die.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom