"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-20-2005, 05:54 PM   #11
Contest Winner

Wink

1. Start with "CANTEENS" or "MAIDRITES" they just melt with flavor in your mouth. You Never Knew Hamburger could taste Soooooo Good, When you Get a Chance get it all the Way !

2. Chocolate Rice with Walnuts, My mother made this as when she was alive, I only have one more Sister that might have the Recipe, I hope she does, This Truly is the Closest to Heaven we will know on earth !

3. SauerKraut and Bratwurst or Ring Bologna, This my Friends will put Hair on your Chest ... Really Good. add some Cottage Cheese not we are Talking !

4. T-Bone Steak from Keiths, He butchers his own meat, so its all so fresh, The Steak is 2 inches or about 5 cm thick X 12 inches or 30 1/2 cm long X 6 or 15 1/4 cm wide this steak "ROCKS" add a Chefs Salad and a Huge Baked Potato which you can never finish and there is never room for that Home made pie or Cake, I think he does it on purpose so he can take those home, My Taste Buds are going now !

5. Home Made Veggie Soups, What more says "Welcome Home" ?

6. Dutch Letters Yummmmmmmmmmm well pastries here I could go on all day !!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you eat one of these then you know what yummy really is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Done Right HOME MADE PIZZA PIE........ The Kind you smell 3 blocks away and Float the Last block home, Need I say more ?

8. Calabash Shrimp, from Calabash North Carolina, Forest Gump couldn't do better himself, I just might move there. Small Town BIG SHRIMP !

9. Beef Goulash with Kidney Beans if you have never had this WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ? IT TO COOK ITSELF, NOT HAPPENING ! Get Up Off You OPPSSS And GET BUSY, you will be Glad you did !

10. Thanksgiving Dinner with all the Trimmings, Not Last by any means, I can see it now, Perfect Bird, Salads more than I knew there were, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Black or Green Olives,Cranberry Sauce, Corn,Greenbeans,Carrots,Celery,Stuffing,Jello, Pumpkin Pie, Cool whip. Ok, Ok I Grew Up in a Great House in Iowa can I help That ?

Here is what I learned, It doesn't matter what you eat or where you live, WHAT DOES MATTER is the "PEOPLE" you sit down and eat with. I Love EVERYTHING ABOUT FOOD but it is the PEOPLE I eat with that make ME remember the MEAL ! I REALLY LOVE YOU ALL FOR WHO YOU ARE ! We can't change our past , BUT we Can CHange OUR FUTURE , Treat everyone like you would like to be Treated ! and have a "MONSTER MAIDRITE DAY "

Old 10-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #12
Head Chef

This would be today's choice

1. lobster tail with lots of lemon and butter
2. tuna tar tar-dressed up
3. Meat fondue with every dipping sauce out there
4. crab and cheese dip
5. beef tenderloin
6. vaidalia onion casserole
7. corn suffle
8. stuffing
9. angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream