Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grandson is graduating from pre-school. Ceremony tonight @6:00.

I had to wait until high school for a graduation.

I know what you mean Andy. With 17 gkids, I am constantly getting notices that so and so is "graduating" to the next grade and there will be a party. I refuse to attend any of them until they graduate from the 12th grade and then college. Going on to the next grade is what they are supposed to do. I refuse to give them a present or attend a party for them. Making the honor roll for the whole year is something to celebrate. Unfortunately for me, we have a number of kids that do that every year. I would be broke if I gave a present to every one of them.

What ever happened to giving a watch for graduation?

No new info on why you are passing out?

no, he said they took all the tests in the e.r. that he would have ordered. MRI, etc. everything was fine. there is one more test that will tell if you are having seizures. i want to think about it. he said slim to none chance that i am. i trust him. sitting or lying to long and then jumping is a common cause. as i left he said, don't break anything important. now i happen to think that is funny, not flip. bottom line, they really don't have a clue.

no, he said they took all the tests in the e.r. that he would have ordered. MRI, etc. everything was fine. there is one more test that will tell if you are having seizures. i want to think about it. he said slim to none chance that i am. i trust him. sitting or lying to long and then jumping is a common cause. as i left he said, don't break anything important. now i happen to think that is funny, not flip. bottom line, they really don't have a clue.

In other words...Orthostatic Hypotension...your blood pressure drops when you stand quickly. Love you Babe, take it easy! And yes, no breaking anything and stay hydrated in the heat!

In other words...Orthostatic Hypotension...your blood pressure drops when you stand quickly. Love you Babe, take it easy! And yes, no breaking anything and stay hydrated in the heat!

You know PF, I went on Ranexa, a fairly new drug for angina. Everytime I laid down, I would get so dizzy, that I would almost pass out. I hesitated to mention it to my doctor for fear he would think I was going mad. So he looked it up. It is one of the side effects of the drug. Instead of getting dizzy when I stand, it was just the opposite. But I still take my time standing up. So I am danged if I do and danged if I don't. I get dizzy no matter what I do. Let's face it. I am just an old dizzy broad. :ohmy:

You know PF, I went on Ranexa, a fairly new drug for angina. Everytime I laid down, I would get so dizzy, that I would almost pass out. I hesitated to mention it to my doctor for fear he would think I was going mad. So he looked it up. It is one of the side effects of the drug. Instead of getting dizzy when I stand, it was just the opposite. But I still take my time standing up. So I am danged if I do and danged if I don't. I get dizzy no matter what I do. Let's face it. I am just an old dizzy broad. :ohmy:

That one lead me on a merry chase! I looked up Ranexa and got sidetracked into looking at statins for lowering cholesterol.

Any medication changes should be a first clue when having odd effects and should always be mentioned to your doctor...(if they think you are crazy you get a new med;)) Seriously, some side effects can start out as merely bothersome but become serious if ignored.

And I think all of us become dizzy old broads...:)

That one lead me on a merry chase! I looked up Ranexa and got sidetracked into looking at statins for lowering cholesterol.

Any medication changes should be a first clue when having odd effects and should always be mentioned to your doctor...(if they think you are crazy you get a new med;)) Seriously, some side effects can start out as merely bothersome but become serious if ignored.

And I think all of us become dizzy old broads...:)

I just got back from the ultra sound tests. When I laid down, I laid down on my back. Had to tilt my head way back so they could do the neck. I got so dizzy, I passed out. Scared the bejesus out of the technician. She ran to get the nurse. By then I had come to. I had to explain what happened and why. The nurse had to go look up Ranexa. She had never heard of it either.That is the third RN that hadn't heard of it counting you.

If I lay down on my side first, and then turn over slowly onto my back, I am fine. But if I lay down on my back first, I get dizzy as heck.

I was put on this drug because I could not get the angina under control. I was being rushed into the ER almost every other day with severe angina pain and the nitro wasn't helping. Take a hit, wait five, take another hit, wait five, take another hit, call 911. I had visions of myself becoming a Victorian bedbound invalid. The Ranexa stopped it the first day I took it. I love this drug. :ermm::angel:

My first treadmill Stress test, after it was over, my blood pressure shot up to 340/180. They were all freaking out and I was gasping at them I just needed a drink of water, I couldn't catch my breath and was suffocating in front of them. One of the nurses finally brought me a glass of water and I was then able to breathe, my BP came back down to normal levels in seconds.

I am always amazed by the people who will not listen to the patient.

I am always amazed by the people who will not listen to the patient.

The last time I had a stress test on the treadmill, I tried to tell the technician that I can't do the incline. She wouldn't listen. The second she raised it up, I fell. She listened then. :rolleyes:

Should have seen the techs during the second test, I was running full incline as fast as they could get it and couldn't get my heart rate over 90...I hadn't been told to not take my meds before the test and my beta-blocker was working.:LOL:

Should have seen the techs during the second test, I was running full incline as fast as they could get it and couldn't get my heart rate over 90...I hadn't been told to not take my meds before the test and my beta-blocker was working.:LOL:

And no one told me that the ultra sound for my stomach was NPO. I usually don't eat until three or four in the afternoon. But I took a bite of an Italian cooked sausage this morning. That sure created some gas in the ultra sound. :ohmy:

And no one told me that the ultra sound for my stomach was NPO. I usually don't eat until three or four in the afternoon. But I took a bite of an Italian cooked sausage this morning. That sure created some gas in the ultra sound. :ohmy:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We have had a relaxing day - rain stopped us from going for a drive in the country to get berries but didn't dampen our moods! :)

Back
Top Bottom