Your dental reports...anyone else detest it as much as I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) How long ago was that? Dentists dont do that now, if so you have the wrong dentist. They were trying in those day by pulling the cheek and rubbing to do exactly what you said distribute the Novocaine. Now they just do do tiny injections wait a bit and continue further slowly until they get where they need to be, no pain at all.
I got the impression it just happened to her. My daughter's cheek was bruised after her recent visit.

Maybe you guys went to the 105 dentists i graduated with that i wouldnt let touch me :LOL:
When and where did you graduate from. Most of my horror stories originate in California.

My second favorite is the dentist that put a faulty crown on my tooth, it fell off after two weeks and because I swallowed it (ya think??) he wanted to charge me all over again for a new crown. Seriously, is it any wonder I have a distrust of dentists?

I have a lot of problems with my teeth. I hate going but have to deal with it when Im there.

I recently got a Sonicare tooth brush with the sanitizer for FREE!!!! I have had one in the past that didnt get used much but this one does. My old one died after about a year, but I think that was cause I never used it and left it on the charger.

ANYWAY, for some of you that want stuff like this for free go to BzzAgent All you have to do is take a few surveys, keep up to date, and they offer you stuff to try out and report back on. Once a year they have given out the Sonicare tooth bursh and that why I signed in. It took me a year but I got one that sales for $179! Just remember to give feed back on the item you get. I have gotten Listerene teeth whitening strips, water bottles for the kids, TV Guide subscription and more in the last year!

:) How long ago was that? Dentists dont do that now, if so you have the wrong dentist.
uh, two weeks ago.
wondering do they not see the tears running down my face? do they not hear the sadness in my voice and scared look on my face, do they not care?
Yah, wrong dentist but then, I've not gotten an offer from Larry yet either.
Larry you can PM me to tell me to stop annoying you, it's okay, I'm just frustrated with the dental business all together and sadly, I'm not done...

Last edited:
You all are lucky....

You hate dentist, mmm. How many medical professionals would take the time that Larry did, for nothing? In todays world, we have the opportunity to keep our own teeth until we die. You need to make every effort to do so. There is no substitute for the real thing.

and on my day off, no less :LOL:

Just kidding, im glad i can be here to help. I feel seeing things from the dentist point of view might open someones eyes a little. And although may not make the situation any better or more comfortable, at least there is an understanding ( hopefully)

Oh, and to answer a previous question, I attended dental school in the early 90's at Temple University in Philly.

Just went back to philly this past weekend and picked up 150 soft pretzels from the Center City Pretzel Factory near the Italian market. Also did a little shopping at Fantes ( great cooking store) and in the market itself ( 3 pounds of cherries for $2.50 )

You hate dentist, mmm. How many medical professionals would take the time that Larry did, for nothing? In todays world, we have the opportunity to keep our own teeth until we die. You need to make every effort to do so. There is no substitute for the real thing.
IMO Larry isn't a dentist, he's a member and a good person. He isn't out to make anything off of us, he's being a good person trying to help those of us that hyperventilate just going near a dentist office or throw up just because of the smell. Larry didn't do what he did for nothing, he did it because he's a good person and he's a member here.

"In today's word we have the opportunity to keep our own teeth until we die...." You didn't finish that sentence. It ends with "....as long as you have money." Federal law says you can't refuse medical treatment to the sick and injured but federal law doesn't help with your teeth. My SIL has Medi-Cal but it doesn't include dental. In California when I was on unemployment I wasn't eligible for Medi-Cal because those on unemployment are not eligible for whatever reason. So, yeah, if you have money you have the opportunity but without money, you don't.

anti-dentite.jpg

and on my day off, no less :LOL:

Just kidding, im glad i can be here to help. I feel seeing things from the dentist point of view might open someones eyes a little. And although may not make the situation any better or more comfortable, at least there is an understanding ( hopefully)

Oh, and to answer a previous question, I attended dental school in the early 90's at Temple University in Philly.

Just went back to philly this past weekend and picked up 150 soft pretzels from the Center City Pretzel Factory near the Italian market. Also did a little shopping at Fantes ( great cooking store) and in the market itself ( 3 pounds of cherries for $2.50 )
are you comiing back to Philly since that's wherre I am right now, although obviously I can't spell or proof read.:glare:
I called my old dentist office last week to ask if they take my dental ins. They do, I may just go back.
I can't eat on the side that they just put the two new crown on last week. Very sensitive and anything that involves crunch forget about it.
So, now one tooth not affected is.
Good Grief, what's a person to do.
It's okay Larry, I can take a hint, you're full of clients and don't need one that may be troublesome, but you'd luv me, no, really you would, that's a hint in case you missed it

If you don't like your first visit (consultation) with the dentist and it is not an emergency situation, you should go to another dentist. If you do not like the dentist, you should not go to other dentist in the same dental building.

Most people are looking for a painless dentist but some people will go with a cheap dentist regardless of pain.

You need to feel that you can trust the person who's hand is in your mouth. If you are a younger person, you might want to choose a dentist who is not going to retire in the next five years.

If your dentist gives you an appraisal and duration of service, you should confer with your insurance carrier as to what will be cover and how much you will need to be prepared to pay. Decide how much vacation time that you want to spend with the dentist.

If you have health issues already, it is best to get dentures. Tooth decay can increase those problems.

I do not like dentist who perform dental work when there is an obvious infection. Treat the infection with an antibotic and schedule the work. There is so much more pain when dentist extract a tooth and you have an infection. Of course some people do not go back after the infection is cured but the infection will come back if you don't get the work done afterward.

Do I have my original teeth. Yes. I have RA and the dentist do not understand how that affects my jaws. And they could care less. If you don't or cannot open your mouth wide enough, they'll pry it for you! Ouch.

Don't get me started on those dental offices where they schedule too many patients and extract teeth before the pain medication takes hold or extract teeth after it wears off. Yippie, I'll be back.....NOT!

I guess I should say I like my dentist... he's fast.. he's nice...he does what needs to be done.

I just HATE going. I know it's not his fault when
I have a cavity or other work to be done.

He's also honest.
I went to a new dentist a few years back
and he told me I had 7 cavities that had to be filled right away!
There's no way I had just been to MY dentist six months before and had NONE.
I'm back with the old one now. I know I can trust him.

Yes , a lot of reconstructive work. sometimes it amazes me what has been done in peoples mouths. But, being fair, I dont know the whole situation. I had one guy who had significant life threatening medical issues, on multiple medications ( including blood thinners) , and multiple allergies. His dental work was failing. But the only thing I could do was ' patch things up' as best i can, just so he guy would have some quality of life. I was never able to get medical clearance to perform the procedures he really needed. But, I kept him functional and looking good for the last few months of his life. So, although the work might have looked like a crap job to another dentist walking into the case not knowing the history, it was actually the best he could receive considering the circumstances.
I never charged him a cent!
I thought it was the least I could do, and also, I kinda felt guilty considering i wasnt able to give him the quality care im used to giving.

Back
Top Bottom