Your today, Wednesday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just trying to keep warm, it's so cold here! Sizzlin, I sure hope you have some good news from your doctor. My thoughts are with you.

Dang, I am tired of this cold weather. Got up this morning, had breakfast, and went to work. At work I sat at the computer all day doing paperwork. About midafternoon I had a severe case of cabin fever. This afternoon on the next ranger district over from mine a 2-3 acre brush/timber fire started. This weather is crazy. Fires in January???:rolleyes: We should have at least several feet of snow by now and we only have inches. After work I came home and played with the dog. Then I started some laundry and fixed dinner.

SierraCook said:
Dang, I am tired of this cold weather. Got up this morning, had breakfast, and went to work. At work I sat at the computer all day doing paperwork. About midafternoon I had a severe case of cabin fever. This afternoon on the next ranger district over from mine a 2-3 acre brush/timber fire started. This weather is crazy. Fires in January???:rolleyes: We should have at least several feet of snow by now and we only have inches. After work I came home and played with the dog. Then I started some laundry and fixed dinner.

Your right, it's very odd to have fires in your area in January. Then I heard of course that there is freezing temps on Southern Calif, which is making for a difficult harvest season for citrus crops. As for cabin fever, I'm right with you! Here in Maine we should have quite a bit more snow, same as you, but so far just 6", and frigid temps. Crazy weather that I blame on El Nino, which was good until today with -30 degrees :LOL:

Currently, we are harvesting timber out in the woods which is usually shutdown by now. Typically, it is either the soil moisture it too wet or we have too much snow. Right now we have neither. Only a couple of inches of the soil profile is wet and at 7,000 feet in elevation we only have about 6 inches of snow. The low temps. have been in the single digits with highs in the 20's. I have no snow at my house at 5,000 ft.

Just a regular workday for me, then James and I went to the doctor. We both had appointments. James's bloodwork was so good that the doctor said that not one single number was off at all. :cool: She said that is pretty much unheard of. My bloodwork was good too. I am a little anemic and I have high platelets, but I have been that way for many years. Everything else looked good. I was worried about my A1C results (blood glucose) because I thought they would be high, but they were good and she said my diabetes is controlled (I do take Metformin but am not on insulin). She was very happy about that. She said everything looked so good for both of us that she doesn't need to see us again until summer.

:) Barbara

At last the day is over,it started at 6 this morning. It's been so cold there has been frost every morning, this morning there was ice on the ground and it found me:glare: Went to help daughter get the kids out of the car, hit a patch of ice and the next thing I knew, I was on my back, had hit the back of my head on DH's truck, banged the heck out of my shoulder..Okay, not to bad, got the kids in and watched all three til 3:30, making them breakfast, lunch, snacks or a treat, held them one by one, had such a head ache all day, so after the babies left, made DH two poached eggs on toast, and bacon, and put my body down on the sofa for a rest. Now sipping on some tea and getting ready to rest some more..I have my oldest son coming to spend the night tomorrow and am looking forward to making him dinner..Wish me luck as I limp around the kitchen tomorrow...:LOL:

kadesma, hoping tomorrow is a better day...

Back
Top Bottom