"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #11
Master Chef

This morning I need to finish my homework (taking sign lnaguage interpreting classes) for class tonight and clean my kitchen. Yesterday everyone was going somewhere different at different times so food was cooked and kept warm most of the evening. When I got home after 9pm just put leftovers in fridge and went to bed.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Staying Warm!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same here! It's colder than kraut here!

DH bought a whole rib-eye yesterday for $5.99 a lb. and he's getting ready to cut it up into steaks for the freezer. Chloe dog is standing by for scraps.

I was on my feet quite a bit yesterday...got my hair done, went to the store and out to lunch with Kim...and am pretty sore, so I'm spending the day in my rocking chair with my PC.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #13
Head Chef

Hope everybody is having a good day.

Nothing exciting happening here. Did some paperwork for DH, some "diary management"...how come everybody wants us in May...had to say no to some things/people I did not want to say no to :(, Interviewed a cat sitter, who actually asked if my Siamese were cats or monkeys....so still looking for cat sitter lol, house work, house work, house work, and sowed some seeds in yoghurt ports on the windowsill....spring IS on its way.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Hip, hip, hooray! The sun is out!! Haven't seen it in so long I was wondering what that shiny thing in the sky was this morning when I got up. Even though it's sunny, it's cold. Only about 25 degrees. The high is supposed to reach about mid 30s. Tomorrow a bit warmer.

Poor outside kitties. Their water bowl was one big ice chunk. They were thankful for fresh water. I'll probably have to stir it several times today to keep it from getting solid all over again.

It'll be quiet here today. I decided to put my oven on "clean" cycle this morning. It hadn't been cleaned since just before Thanksgiving and after a couple of turkeys and some other roasted goodies, it needed it. A good thing to do on a day that's so cold. Warms up the kitchen a bit.

I need to give some organizing attention to my desk. It's beginning to look a bit dysfunctional. Not good...for me. I prefer to be organized. I also need to search for a nice container to use for a floral arrangement I'm making for my MIL for her birthday. She'll be 93 on the 29th and she's very challenging to buy for. She always likes the arrangements I make for her so I thought some pretty flowers would be cheerful during this goopy, gloomy season. I have the flowers, just need a container.

Mainly just staying warm today. That'll be the biggest job.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #15
Sous Chef

Cleaning, cooking, writing, same old, same old.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #16
Executive Chef

We're taking it easy today. Aidan is sick, I think he has croup but he's not as bad as last night. He isn't lethargic but is having a hard time sitting still to get some rest.

I've a productive day so far though. I've been super cleaning the kitchen. I need to give myself a pat on the back. Super cleaned the stove (I took off all the elements and drip pans are soaking), scrubbed all the cabinets, cleaned out and am in the process of washing the refridgerator, bleached the sink, and scrubbed the floorboards.

Hopefully the kids will stay in good spirits for the rest of the day.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #17
Master Chef

Thanks everyone! I did manage to find the energy to precut the veggies for a stirfry I'm making tonight. LEFSElover had me wanting meatloaf but no ground beef to be found in the refrigerator. Its freezing cold outside. I noticed the ice on the gutterd downspot when I got home from picking our little one up from school. Sure will be nice when spring comes.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hugs and prayers Sizz. Hope your feeling much better soon.

I'm cleaning closets and drawers today and making big piles for Goodwill!!
I love getting rid of stuff.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Both boys are asleep, can you believe it?!
Of course, this might mess up bedtime but who knows.
I'm making myself some tea to enjoy the peace but as soon as it's ready, one of those boys will probably wake up. lol.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #20
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
Both boys are asleep, can you believe it?!
Of course, this might mess up bedtime but who knows.
I'm making myself some tea to enjoy the peace but as soon as it's ready, one of those boys will probably wake up. lol.
If I let my 2yr. old grandson sleep past 4:30 - Iam in for a long night - and Iam a early to bed early to rise person ! Good luck, Corason !