"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 03:38 PM   #21
Sous Chef

No you are not rude. Those making those kinds of accusations are usually the rude ones. You are just fine.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #22
Executive Chef

As the resident expert on rude, I can positively tell you that you couldn't even qualify as an apprentice rude person.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
I was fussed at in another place because I sign my posts. I didn't know this was rude!

Is this better? Have I offended anyone here?
Geez Cat, "rude" and you should not be in the same sentence! By saying "..in another place" I'm guessing it wasn't here at DC. At least I hope not. If that person called you out in a thread, I hope a moderator let them know it wasn't their place to correct people in threads. If it was in a personal message, and that person continues to send unwanted PMs, you might want to let the mods in that forum know there is a problem.

You're a sweetie - I don't think you know how to be rude.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
As the resident expert on rude, I can positively tell you that you couldn't even qualify as an apprentice rude person.

I'm laughing because it's so true.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #25
Proud American

Oh no! It was not here! It was in a thread at a political forum where I spoke of a cultural difference. The poster said I was rude to sign my posts, because there is my name and avatar there just like it is here and he said I was arrogant also. Two moderators and the site administrator jumped on him and they gave him infraction points, which isn't good.

It made me think, however. I was worried if any of you thought I was rude or arrogant and so I asked. It's much better to ask rather than to continue to do something which upsets people, yes?

There was probably another problem there. I'm a kind of favorite there and as here, some have taken me within their wings (is this saying right?) like you all have and some people don't like it. I was called a troll and a sock there also, but I stood up for myself.

That place is not like here, where everyone is so kind and helpful and nice. There are some meanies over there, but I've learned to ignore the insults. I've retaliated sometimes with humor. I remind them of from where I came and if they aren't nice, I'll have my friend Vlad visit them. Ha!

But it's a good place to learn of politics and government and all those issues, and to see how people feel about these issues. I have very many reputation points and thanks of my posts, and I'm learning about politics, and I tell them of Romanian politics also, for some have become interested since the uprising in Ukraine.

I'm so glad we don't speak of politics here! I love how everyone here is so kind. My cooking has definitely improved immensely and my friends and family like it. I haven't poisoned anyone yet, and I've never cooked anything at least my dog wouldn't eat.

I'm so happy to be here. I'm very grateful for all of you and for this website.

With love,
~Cat
Old 02-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #26
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post

I'm laughing because it's so true.
Wait! I joked about his name, remember? That was pretty rude, but it was funny and he wasn't offended. Ha!

With love,
~Cat
Old 02-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Oh no! It was not here! It was in a thread at a political forum where I spoke of a cultural difference...
There ya go then! I used to participate in a very active sports/politics/everything forum based back in my hometown. Then the sponsor decided to end it, someone else started one to "replace" it, and without real moderators the place went in the dumps really quick. Now there are just a couple people left who go around telling each other how right they are about their views now that they've chased everyone else away from that forum. DC is definitely a kinder and gentler forum.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #28
Proud American

Oh that doesn't sound very nice!

I know I love to be here. This is my treasure to my day.

With love,
~Cat
Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #29
Head Chef

OK. lets be honest, you are not rude! You are a loving contributor to this forum. We, know who you are and respect your thoughts and cooking. If someone out there thinks or is offensive to you or your posts, well they can go to hell! Please do not delete! With Lov , Joey
Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #30
Head Chef

PS: Lov you!