"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 04-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #11
Chief Eating Officer

Have your husband switch you over to Firefox. You will never be bothered by popups again.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
Amber - whether or not advertising pays for the site, it IS a bad thing if it's not mentioned in the FAQ's that we might be inundated with full-page pop-up ads at any moment.

So sorry - that's a BAD thing. The reason I left GardenWeb for. I didn't "click" on anything other than the thread I wanted to read.
My mistake. I thought maybe you accidentally clicked on an add that was close to a thread. Sounds very frustrating, but I'm glad it's not a problem for you anymore.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #13
Master Chef

No - not your mistake at all Amber. I realize that I sounded snarky. It was just going on all day & after awhile I was starting to go into psycho-mode - lol!!!

I couldn't figure out how to stop it, but was determined to do so - lol!! Typical woman - lol!!

Regardless, it hasn't happened once today, so guess the problem has been fixed or has disappeared. My fluffy little brain doesn't care which.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

breezy, try either dumping all of your cookies, or going thru them and deleting any sypware cookies, any unwanted site cookies and dc's cookie. then try logging back in, and see if it still happens.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:48 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
No - not your mistake at all Amber. I realize that I sounded snarky. It was just going on all day & after awhile I was starting to go into psycho-mode - lol!!!

I couldn't figure out how to stop it, but was determined to do so - lol!! Typical woman - lol!!

Regardless, it hasn't happened once today, so guess the problem has been fixed or has disappeared. My fluffy little brain doesn't care which.
Well yea you did sound snarky , but hey I would be the same if I kept getting pop ups and couldnt figure out what the problems was, and then have my husband do a few things and poof, it's fixed...which is even more frustrating!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #16
Master Chef

Thanks for being so sweet about it. It really was driving me crazy yesterday.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:41 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I haven't had the problem either. Glad it has stopped for you Breezy.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:13 AM   #18
Master Chef

Well, it seems to have stopped for good!! Yay!! It's more than quite possible it was something I did or was doing without realizing it.

I once "minimized" the computer screen accidentally, & it literally took me hours to figure that one out - lol!!! I should probably still be using a quill pen & parchment to correspond!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:33 AM   #19
Head Chef

When I first joined, I had a similiar problem but it wasn't with TLC ... I'm sorry I can't remember the company right now ... I would click on a thread and the ad would take up either the entire top of the page (I would have to scroll down the equivalent of 3 pages to get to the thread) OR it would come from the right and squeeze everything else over so it was unreadable. I'm not sure what happened to stop it (because I know I didn't do anything!) but it just stopped ...

(sorry this is sort of late on the point - I've been away for a bit ...)