New software....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tootstl said:
The only problem I have is that the time is wrong. Maybe you are running the site in a different time zone? If so, is there an option so that the posts appear to reflect the viewers time zone?
This can be changed by clicking on the "Quick Links" link and then clicking on "Edit Options".

By links I meant internal forum links, ie when you are directed to ANOTHER thread in the forum as part of the argument, as in: GO HERE

When Andy imported the old forum, the software assigned a new unique identifier to every page of the old forum. Consequently, the old links are all dead. I doubt that he can fix that, and you will have to spend time searching by hand now.

I have fixed one or two of my recent threads, but it would perhaps be a good idea if others did that for their own threads (If they can find them).

ti.gif
ee.gif

buckytom said:
the only thing that i liked better with the old format that i haven't found here is a "view your posts" link. am i missing it, or is it not a feature yet. it really helps you catch up when you've been away, and don't want to miss replying to something someone posted for you.otherwise, it looks pretty good. a little busier screen than the old one, but more features require it i'd guess.

you're missing it. :-p

John

lol ronjohn - and you're not going to tell him either are you???? LOL

buckytom - click on your name at the left of the screen - a pull down menu pops up - it's there. :mrgreen:

ronjohn :evil:
kitchenelf
love-smiley-008.gif

kitchenelf said:
lol ronjohn - and you're not going to tell him either are you???? LOL

buckytom - click on your name at the left of the screen - a pull down menu pops up - it's there. :mrgreen:

ronjohn :evil:
kitchenelf
love-smiley-008.gif

Awww.... I would have told him...
eventually... ;-)

John

kitchenelf said:
their - it could possibly just be this page - someone posted something that took up a lot of space maybe? Try other forums and see if it is still happening.

I'm the guilty party. Sorry. I did a screen-shot to try to illustrate what I thought someone was seeing. I've got a 19" monitor on my desktop, running 1024 x 768 resolution. I've deleted the old picture from my photo-hosting site, reduced the image in question by half, uploaded that, and edited my link in my post to link to the new reduced-size image. It should work fine now.

Thier1974, I use two different computers to browse this board, and one of them is a laptop. With the regretable exception of that humongous image I linked, I haven't had a problem.

Edited to add:
I originally made this post on my desktop pc. I just hit this thread with my laptop, and the half-size image works great. Again, my apologies. I won't post big images anymore.

Last edited:
That must be it! It fits today. Great job, guys. I know how hard putting together this kind of thing can be. Big pats on the back to Andy.:)

Buddy lists like on AOL is a list of folks you would like to see when they are online and and you can instant msg them. Don't know if the buddy list here can IM others or not.

The buddy list give you an easy way to PM people. I believe (although I have not tested it yet) that you can send PM's to multiple people in your buddy list at the same time. also like Rainee said it will let you see who is currently online.

Gotcha.(ok, just cannot say "gotcha", message must be ten words or more.)
shrug.gif

Back
Top Bottom