Photobucket images - not for forum use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
Recently the image hosting service Photobucket changed their terms of use for account holders and no longer allow embedded images to be displayed on forums. As a result the forum had many threads lose their photo documentation.

Moving forward we will disallow links to Photobucket and ask that you store your images with the posted text that they were intended to augment, here on the forum.

Forum members can store images posts and threads using the attachment option found in the advanced reply editor or in photo albums set up in individual profiles. There is no cost to store images here and this will ensure that your content is not diminished by an image hosting service changing their minds about how your content is handled. Thanks for understanding.

At the suggestion from another food forum I just started using photoimages.org to post photos over there. No hassle, works like a charm, so far........on my mobile device. Not sure about laptops and desktops...

Last edited:
Photobucket is no longer hosting third party sites and when we post those photos here, this is then considered a third party site. They want $399 (yes, you read that right) if you want them to still host third party sites.

I have over 5000 pictures at Photobucket and I'll be moving them all over to a flash drive before I close my Photobucket account.

My question, though, is how many pictures, or how much storage is there here before we have to start deleting them? I know some websites have a limit.

Also, people will sometimes have a problem getting their photos small enough to upload here. I know most people have their own resizing sites, but I thought I would share one of my favorites here:

Free Online Image Editor

I keep all my photos, over six thousand, in my cloud account with low res copies on my computer. I have no trouble uploading from my computer to this site. DC resizes photos as you upload them.

At the suggestion from another food forum I just started using photoimages.org to post photos over there. No hassle, works like a charm, so far........on my mobile device. Not sure about laptops and desktops...

I get a "parking" page with a notice that domain site might be for sale when I go there.

testing.

airplane_cake_by_the_evil_plankton_zpsa38gff93.jpg

As Andy, Cloud is an excellent tool ..

I also store travel photographs on Pdfs as well as my computer ( desk top ).

My question, though, is how many pictures, or how much storage is there here before we have to start deleting them? I know some websites have a limit.

You can load as many images as you like. They will be resized if they are too large.

I Was looking at some old recipes threads of mine and noticed that a lot of my old pictures that are hosted on Photobucket are still visible. Very strange.

I Was looking at some old recipes threads of mine and noticed that a lot of my old pictures that are hosted on Photobucket are still visible. Very strange.

I looked around and mine are still here too MsM. Very strange indeed. Could it be that Photobucket actually decided to be reasonable?? :ermm:

I looked around and mine are still here too MsM. Very strange indeed. Could it be that Photobucket actually decided to be reasonable?? :ermm:

No - you will see that they are now images in the thread ;)

Back
Top Bottom