Posts disappearing??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
where do some posts go. i have posted them, they look fine and then i never find them again. ie, just a few minutes ago i posted a mac. salad on thread about side dishes for bbq. when i looked back , it as gone.

no cuss words, nothing i could see was wrong.

just gone.

babe

I have had that happen a couple of times to me too, Babe. I think it's because the server is very busy at that particular moment and I don't wait long enough before I go to check the latest posts. In other words, even if it appears to be taking a long time when submitting a post, I think we have to just wait if we want to make sure it shows up. But then again, I could be completely wrong!

It's happened to me today too... but... I could just be trying to post too quickly....

This may sound wierd, but click on your own name, and then click on 'Find more posts by Quicksilver'. It will list them out in order from newest to oldest, then let us know if some are missing and which ones, maybe they just went way down on the list already?
I know anything I respond to is saved on my subscribed list, and even though it gets long and cumbersome and has to be cleared it, it is still a necessity for me and my bad memory!

quicksilver - did you get my PM? Maverick is right, I was going to explain that very thing. Posts just don't "dissapear" - especially without the original poster knowing about it. If there is a problem with a post that person is normally contacted - unless they are so used to having their posts removed they already know what happened to the :LOL: (j/k, sort of, but posts just don't disappear without you knowing).

ok ok it was me, i put S&P on the post and ate it.

Are you STILL doing that? Do we have to put you in time out AGAIN? I thought that last therapy session really helped - back to the drawing board!

Mods?????? Please take the salt and pepper off the tables - might as well take the soy and ketchup too - :LOL: ;)

:) I think what happens at least to me is I'm in a hurry and I think I already hit the submit button but instead hit the back button therefor losing the post. I hate when I typed a long post and I do that.:(

Are you STILL doing that? Do we have to put you in time out AGAIN? I thought that last therapy session really helped - back to the drawing board!

Mods?????? Please take the salt and pepper off the tables - might as well take the soy and ketchup too - :LOL: ;)

Just as long as you leave the BBQ and Hot sauce!! They make anything edible, and I mean anything!:pig:

One problem I have on this laptop is sometimes the palm of my hand brushes the touch pad and next thing I know the cursor jumped and instead of typing I am causing the browser to freak out and head off to god knows where...:wacko:

Also, sometimes, my finger 'overhangs' the left click button (which on this computer is long and thin) and therefore also brushes the touch pad and again I am off on a trip somewhere, post lost!:ohmy:

This also means that sometimes instead of submitting, I end up back at the thread. I am now in the habit of making sure to pay attention to where I end up after I hit submit. If it submits, it takes me back to the thread and shows me my new post.
So, If I hit submit and don't see my new post, I know something went wrong and its time to call in the GhostBusters!!

Dududu nananan...who ya gonna call? ThreadBusters!

:) I think what happens at least to me is I'm in a hurry and I think I already hit the submit button but instead hit the back button therefor losing the post. I hate when I typed a long post and I do that.:(

That happens a lot jp! If you remember soon enough you can just keep hitting your forward arrow I think to get back to it. Whoa, that's kind of like "back to the future". :LOL:

That happens a lot jp! If you remember soon enough you can just keep hitting your forward arrow I think to get back to it. Whoa, that's kind of like "back to the future". :LOL:
:) I will try that as my typing is slow and sometimes I just give up rather than try to type it all over again.

What about a whole topic/thread disappearing? I posted 2x to one last night and now I cannot find it at all, it is not even in my subscription list?

What about a whole topic/thread disappearing? I posted 2x to one last night and now I cannot find it at all, it is not even in my subscription list?

What was the thread Dave? Left click on your name, then click on "Find more posts by..."

Back
Top Bottom