Resized photos in threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spork

Head Chef
Is there a way, perhaps a toggle switch somewhere on our site, that automatically adjusts the size of photos posted to discussion threads to fit-to-screen? The thread frame used to do that for me, once upon a time not that long ago... now, most posted photos are oversized for my screen (and unviewable, like looking at one jigsaw puzzle piece and guessing what the complete picture might look like). Can someone help me resize them? TIA

If you are using the Firefox browser on Windows, something you might try is Ctrl+minus key ("-") to view a zoomed out version of the web page. Ctrl+plus ("+") zooms in, and Ctrl+0 resets it back to normal size.

I would bet the equivalent shortcut keys can be found in Internet Explorer, but I don't know that for sure since I don't use it.

Just a thought.

I should add that the text of the entire thread also becomes unreadable, necessitating hard-to-follow horizontal scrolling, like an ancient manual typewriter. And resizing the entire website works for the photo, but it makes the type size too small to read.

It's still inconvenient, but thanks for the Firefox browser tip, Steve! It's a work-around that works. I appreciate the reply.

It happens to me too; when there is a large photo(s), the entire thread is spread out.

It happened on the osso bucco thread. Yesterday, the pictures were normal size, but today the pictures were HUGE!

Thanks, Frank! I have an unopened box of code monkey treats...where should I send them?

Back
Top Bottom