Fav dried fruit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favourite dried fruit?

• Apples

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Apricots

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Bananas

• Cherries

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Cranberries

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Figs

• Other berries (blueberries, raspberries, etc)

• Papaya

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other, please share with the group

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
i love dried cranberries. i can eat them from the bag, or mixed with chocolate chips :pig: i have a great recipie for double chocolate cookies with them. mmmm mom2girls

I'm very partial to dried apricots, but I also like dried bananas now and then - I prefer them to fresh bananas. Just once in a blue moon I'll buy a dried mix with pawpaw, apple, mango etc in it. I've tried dried cranberries - can't really take to them. And I can't stand dried grapes or currants in any form! (Little dead black flies!) I never use dried fruits for cooking. They're just snacks for me.

if you haven't tried dried pineapple, do yourself a favor and get a hold of some. it's like eating candy, but with the benefits of fiber. so it's like geriatric candy.

remember that most commercially dried fruit has preservatives on them, often a sulphur compound, so be wary if you or your kids have asthma.

I can't remember if it's dole that makes it, but, I get a package of pineapple, mango and papaya. Those are really good!

buckytom said:
if you haven't tried dried pineapple, do yourself a favor and get a hold of some. it's like eating candy, but with the benefits of fiber. so it's like geriatric candy.
I agree with buckytom. Banana came in a close second with me.

Cameron

Back
Top Bottom