Changing from volume to weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can understand the frustration. My DIL is Czech, and I wanted to make a special Xmas treat for her. My son sent me the recipe for a Czech Xmas bread.
Unfortunately, the recipe was in Czech and everything was metric. Well i translated the ingredients, converted metric into English, weights into volumes, and made the bread.
Well, it was supposed to look like a braided bread, but it came out of the oven looking like a giant Milk bone!
It tasted good though.

I can understand the frustration. My DIL is Czech, and I wanted to make a special Xmas treat for her. My son sent me the recipe for a Czech Xmas bread.
Unfortunately, the recipe was in Czech and everything was metric. Well i translated the ingredients, converted metric into English, weights into volumes, and made the bread.
Well, it was supposed to look like a braided bread, but it came out of the oven looking like a giant Milk bone!
It tasted good though.
These are the kind of stories I love!
As long as it tasted good, who cares what it looked like!

Sort of like pound cake: 1 pound each of eggs, butter, sugar, and flour. I like the Swedish method of measuring the eggs first, especially when it needs to be exact.
The first time I made Krumkakar using eggs from the girls, i learned the value of weighing the eggs. Baking is when I weigh ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom