"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Cooking on the Grill

Old 06-21-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Post Lemonade Chicken Wings

LEMONADE CHICKEN WINGS

Makes 8 appetizer servings or 4 main-dish servings.

2 to 3 pounds chicken wings
cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
teaspoon finely minced garlic
teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or teaspoon crumbled dried, optional

To marinate wings: Place wings in large, nonaluminum baking dish or large plastic zipper bag. Combine lemonade concentrate, soy sauce, oil, honey, mustard, garlic and thyme. Reserve cup marinade in refrigerator. Add remaining marinade to wings. Cover dish or seal bag. Turn to coat wings. Refrigerate for 3 to 5 hours, turning wings occasionally. (Note: Do not use marinade in which you place raw meat; throw it away when you're ready to cook.)

To cook in oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place wings on rack of broiler pan. Bake, turning wings and brushing with reserved marinade every 5 or 10 minutes, for 25 to 30 minutes or until wings are golden brown and cooked through. (Note: For crispier wings, broil wings for 10 minutes after baking time, turning and brushing frequently with marinade.)

Or to cook on grill: Prepare medium-hot grill. Place wings on grate. Cover grill. Cook, turning wings and brushing with the reserved marinade every 5 or 10 minutes, for 20 to 25 minutes or until wings are nicely browned and cooked through. (Note: If wings are getting too browned before they are cooked through, move to cooler area of grill and continue cooking.)

Old 11-04-2005, 01:35 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Talking

I have some chicken thighs in the freezer.
I can hear them begging to be cooked this way.

Thanks!!!

Old 11-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
Cook

Send a message via MSN to cc2003btw
Lemonade concentrate? Never heard of that. Whered you get it?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #4
Senior Cook

I printed it out and will try on grill this week end. I love a lemony tasting wing. And criisp!
thks
Old 11-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2003btw
Lemonade concentrate? Never heard of that. Whered you get it?
Hi cc2003btw, chances are that in the UK (as I learnt is the case in Ireland) you do not have a frozen juice concentrate section in your super markets.

In North America juice comes (in addition to the standard way in cartons) in frozen concentrated form, which you bring home and mix with water in a jug and keep in the fridge (a tin of frozen juice concentrate will usually make about 1.5 to 2 litres of juice, which when it has the water added to it tastes virtually identical to the juice you'd get in a carton).

Here is a link to a page that shows some frozen juices that are made by the company "Welch's":
http://www.welchs.com/products/frozenjuices.html

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:20 AM   #6
Head Chef

Pete, did you get a chance to try this yet? I have a batch marinating in the fridge as we speak.

I changed it up a little bit...I used 1 family sized tray of wings (minus the tip, which is being saved for stock). The wings were cut at the joints, like appetizer style. I poured all of the marinade into the wings. It didn't seem like much, so I mad another batch of marinade for basting tomorrow. Weather permitting, I will cook 1/2 of these on the grill and the other 1/2 in the oven, just for fun.

I don't know what you are supposed to serve this with, but we'll probably end up with a salad and rice.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:13 AM   #7
Head Chef

Hi Raine, I just tried this today. It was pretty good! Thanks for the recipe!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:55 AM   #8
Sous Chef

These wings sound delicious. I'm going to try these soon.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:12 AM   #9
Executive Chef

well this recipe sounds right up my husbands alley. he adores lemon-y anything. my supermarket has bone in, skin on, thighs on sale right now at the low price of
69¢ a pound. I'll go get a couple of pounds, try them out on him and see what he thinks. this sounds like a "must add to" for a holiday get together, kept in a crock pot just for the warming part.
thanks for sharing this. I will try it!

Well, at the market just now, I got the chx and the lemonade. Pink was considerabley on sale, so that's what I got. Hope it won't matter, shouldn't I don't think. Putting all in a zipper bag right now. I'll report back tomorrow after eating it tonight with the rest of our other dinner from the post, "what's for dinner".
Old 11-08-2005, 12:11 PM   #10
Master Chef

I think I'd like to try this recipe using orange juice concentrate instead. Do you think I'll need to add sugar to sweeten it up a little?