Apple dumplings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
This is a recipe I've made for several years and is very easy

Apple Dumplings
2 pkgs crescent rolls
2 granny smith or other large apples
1 stick butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1 small can Mountain Dew (I use Sierra Mist)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Peel and core apples and cut each into 8 slices.Roll each wedge in a crescent roll and place inn 9 x 13 baking dish.
Melt butter and add cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract. Pour over dumplings and pour soda all around. Bake at 350 for about 30 -35 minutes.
The recipe calls for 1 and 1/3 cups of sugar but that was much too sweet for us. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is cool, it is delicious and no one believes it's that easy. I use what ever apples I have on hand and adjust the sugar accordingly. For a 9x13 pan I use a 12 oz can; 8x8 or 9x9 I use the smaller can of Mountain Dew.... 7-Up works too.
P.S. If the apples are small, I cut them into quarters.

this recipe comes just in time for my yearly arboreal revenge. the giant apple tree in my backyard drops increasingly larger apples in my pool and occasionally on my head from summer through fall. so now that the apples are good enough to eat, i think i'll make this and sit under the tree eating them with disregard . :ohmy:

thanks, leash-ya. :chef:

This is a recipe I've made for several years and is very easy

Apple Dumplings
2 pkgs crescent rolls
2 granny smith or other large apples
1 stick butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1 small can Mountain Dew (I use Sierra Mist)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Peel and core apples and cut each into 8 slices.Roll each wedge in a crescent roll and place inn 9 x 13 baking dish.
Melt butter and add cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract. Pour over dumplings and pour soda all around. Bake at 350 for about 30 -35 minutes.
The recipe calls for 1 and 1/3 cups of sugar but that was much too sweet for us. Enjoy!

Actually licia, this is one of the few desert recipes I make every fall. I'm a horrible baker but not even I can mess this one up. It's really spectacular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Copied and pasted. Thanks, Licia....sounds easy and good, and something my grandkids would love. :yum:

Good idea, Kay. My little 4 yr. old grandson Tyler loves to help in the kitchen, and they'll be over on Sunday. :chef:

Our grandson has been making them for several years now. He still enjoys that and his favorite time to eat them is for breakfast with a big glass of milk.

Back
Top Bottom