Need help before Puff Pastry thaws, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amazing324

Cook
I have bought some puff pastry. Never have before. I want to use it w/ orange marmalade or cherry pie filling & cream cheese. My question is how to best do that. Do I put squares in a muffin pan with filling and then top w/ cream cheese when it comes out? Do I make a puff pastry sandwich?

I figured it would come to me when I had the (obviously vague) idea but I'm not sure what to do. Help please, FAST!:blink:

I`de go with the muffin tray idea personaly :)

it you do the sandwitch you`ll have to do the lid on it`s own and put it on top after.

You could cut squares and make turnovers. Put the filling near the center and fold over the other half to make a triangle. Seal with a littl egg wash and bake.

Last edited:
You can do a savory by filling with caramelized onions and blue cheese. Bake the pastry part way, fill and then bake to finish. Do it "flat" and open.

Thanks Cando' I'll try that one some time too.

I did the muffin cups this morning w/ orange marmelade in some and cherry pie filling in others and topped them w/ cream cheese when they came out of the oven. DH & I were both very happy w/ them.

Thanks to you all for your help. Kind of went blank this morning. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom