Super Simple Peach and Blackberry Strudel Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made these tonight.

Baked the strudels accidentally at 400 for about 10 mnutes, then cranked the oven to 425. Checked at 20 minutes or so, just starting to brown. At a little over 25 minutes, they were nice and golden with juices bubbling out of the slits.

Taste tested a little but the fruit is still to warm to serve. Guess I will just have to stay up late tonight. Yum. PPO, thanks for sharing this recipe.

Sounds like a very good reason to stay up!

Your welcome!

PPO, I made this for our dessert last night and learned something VERY important: phyllo dough is not the same as puff pastry.
34853_doh.gif
I've never used either dough so didn't think there was a difference. When I took the roll of dough from it's wrapper I thought "I don't remember PPO saying you had to brush butter on the sheets". Hmm. Made it, it's definitely edible, but the final result can be blamed on operator error. I served it with a liberal amount of ice cream on the side. Next time shopping, I'll look for puff pastry...

PPO, I made this for our dessert last night and learned something VERY important: phyllo dough is not the same as puff pastry. I've never used either dough so didn't think there was a difference. When I took the roll of dough from it's wrapper I thought "I don't remember PPO saying you had to brush butter on the sheets". Hmm. Made it, it's definitely edible, but the final result can be blamed on operator error. I served it with a liberal amount of ice cream on the side. Next time shopping, I'll look for puff pastry...

Oh no, CG! Shoot, it sounded so yummy....great idea using ice cream.

PPO, I made this for our dessert last night and learned something VERY important: phyllo dough is not the same as puff pastry.
34853_doh.gif
I've never used either dough so didn't think there was a difference. When I took the roll of dough from it's wrapper I thought "I don't remember PPO saying you had to brush butter on the sheets". Hmm. Made it, it's definitely edible, but the final result can be blamed on operator error. I served it with a liberal amount of ice cream on the side. Next time shopping, I'll look for puff pastry...

Thanks for posting your results. I am sure the ice cream helped.

I love things made with phyllo dough but brushing the layers is to much work for me.

I love things made with phyllo dough but brushing the layers is to much work for me.

Ditto here. If I can't adjust the recipe to using puff pastry instead, I look for another recipe. I want to enjoy the end product, not work myself to death making it. :angel:

Heck PPO, ice cream helps anything! Well, not sure about steak...:sick:

I have another roll of phyllo in the freezer since the box comes with two. If I decide to remake this with buttered phyllo I'll let you know how it all turns out. Himself is lobbying for an apple strudel though...his Mom made them a lot.

Back
Top Bottom