What is your favorite pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deeganlovesthepie

Assistant Cook
Evening Folks:chef: Just after devouring another homemade apple pie made by myself. While indulging in this heaven that i call apple pie i was wondering.. What is your favourite pie? :chef: I think the more traditional apple pie has got mines:chef:

Me too. With a hint of cinnamon and cloves and perhaps some lemon or orange zest.

deeganlovesthepie said:
Evening Folks:chef: Just after devouring another homemade apple pie made by myself. While indulging in this heaven that i call apple pie i was wondering.. What is your favourite pie? :chef: I think the more traditional apple pie has got mines:chef:

What type of apples do you use in your pie? It seems like I peel eight pounds of apples to make a pie. (Minus a few that went to a lunch bag or a snack!) After I have sliced the apples, I toss them in sugar and spice and heap them into a deep dish pie plate. I normally use a basic pie dough recipe (ap flour, shortening & water) and make a two crust pie. It cooks for an hour at 350F so I don't put any egg wash or milk/sugar on the top crust since it is in the oven that long. I have and use several different apple pie recipes but this is one of my favorite. I use Granny Smith apples for this one.

For my pies, I generally use Granny Smith apples, some granulated sugar, butter, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and some ground up tapioca to hold it together. Always turns out great.

I toss everything is a big bowl before I put it into the crust to be sure all the ingredients get mixed well together.

toss up between lemon meringue and chocolate(pudding in a grahmm cracker crust) with pumpkin a very close second. Although peach and cherry are hard to beat, too. I love pie.:)

Uncle Bob said:
I like several kinds of pie! However to pick just one...:ermm:

Pecan Pie wins everytime!!! No contest!!

And to those who make the mock Pecan Pie without the pecans!!! :sick:

And to those who waste the pecans in other pies!!! :mad:

And to those who will not try pecan pie!!! :censored:

You could make it up with a Mississippi Mud Pie!!! :-p

Did someone say PIE!!!

MMMMMM....PIE.

My two favorite PIE's since I can't choose just one favorite PIE would be... Black Forest PIE and Fresh Berry PIE.

I love PIE.

first place goes to my apple pie.

tieing for second place are: blackberry or raspberry, fresh blueberry, cherry, mincemeat (home canned) peach, pecan, persimmon, pumpkin (esp. made with kabocha squash) & rhubarb.

third place goes to lemon meringue.

have i forgotten any???
icon12.gif

StirBlue said:
What type of apples do you use in your pie? It seems like I peel eight pounds of apples to make a pie. (Minus a few that went to a lunch bag or a snack!) After I have sliced the apples, I toss them in sugar and spice and heap them into a deep dish pie plate. I normally use a basic pie dough recipe (ap flour, shortening & water) and make a two crust pie. It cooks for an hour at 350F so I don't put any egg wash or milk/sugar on the top crust since it is in the oven that long. I have and use several different apple pie recipes but this is one of my favorite. I use Granny Smith apples for this one.
i LIKE TO USE GREEN APPLES!!:LOL:

My crumb-top apple is the favorite, but cherry is a close second.
I pre-cook my apples with the sugar, spices and flour in the microwave for a bit before I put them in the pie.

StirBlue said:

Bramley cooking apples is what I use for cooking and stewinh,
DH loves them

Constance said:
My crumb-top apple is the favorite, but cherry is a close second.
I pre-cook my apples with the sugar, spices and flour in the microwave for a bit before I put them in the pie.

mmmmmm, I love the crumb top apple PIE's!!!

All I can think about now is how I want to bake a PIE! :-p

Apple is my all time favorite, except for my paternal grandmother's apple pie, because she kinda went nuts with the lemon to keep the apples from browning. I don't want to TASTE the lemon! I also always manage to choke down one piece of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, for tradition sake. Apologies to the Southern folk, but just thinking about pecan pie, with all that sugar in the filling, makes my teeth itch!

I remember one Thanksgiving night, actually it was 3 am the next day and I was cleaning up the kitchen, I was watching a very old episode of Galloping Gourmet. He made a maple Sugar Pie (he was living in Ottawa at the time) in, I'd estimate, a 9 inch by 12 inch oval Corningeware-type dish. After the pie had cooled, he covered the entire top with about 3 or 4 inches of whipped heavy cream. No wonder his poor wife, Treena, had a heart attack!

Last edited:
We do have a section dedicated to pies within our dessert forum, which also contains a thread with a poll about favourite pies.
I am sure you will enjoy browsing through this section, and here it is.

I never did get into the apple pie thing too much except for the apple crumb thing my best friend's mom made when we were kids.

For me ... sweet potato beats out a good pecan by only one whisker ... then peach and blackberry cobblers, then lemon and chocolate meringue. Rhubarb fits in there somewhere ... just not sure where to slide it in.

i just love apple pie with a hint of clove.
covered with clotted cream.:-p

I've had a craving for lemon meringue pie recently. And also for an impossible pie that is delicious, called something like coconut custard impossible pie, think I'll make one of those soon, have lotsa milk and eggs at the moment..

Back
Top Bottom