What is your favorite PIE of all time??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexican mama

Senior Cook
Hello...its thanksgiving and that got me thinking of PIES!!! I wonder what other peoples favorite pie is/are????....mine are Cherry pie, PEcan pie and any chocolate pie....i love pies...i love the crust the filling..share your favorite pies here!!:LOL:
\
cherry-pie.jpg

My Mom's crumble top rhubarb & apple pie. Her pastry was incredible. I have never been able to duplicate it even with her recipe and watching her for years.

How do I love thee, let me count the pies. Oh wait, that's not how it goes.:LOL: Apple was my first favorite pie. Then Cherry. But you know, a lot changes as your try new things. I learned how to make key lime and it's amazing. But then I learned how to make pecan pie, and you know what, suddenly the term "favorite" is getting blurry. Give me a piece of great, wild blueberry pie and I swoon. And just try to keep me away from home made strawberry-rhubarb pie. And then there are the other fruit pies that know one ever eats, but really should, like pear pie, can you say yum? And cream pies, everything from banana to Bavarian. And what about ice cream pies, or lemon meringue.

Ok, if you're going to back me into a corner, I'm going with apple, with a lattice-top crust, dotted with soft caramel drops between the lattice-strips, with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Oh, and I'll need another one of those 22 year old bodies so that I can eat it.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

My favorit pie of all time is pumpkin! But I realllly go love sweetpotatoe with pecans! Orrr...a good slice of apple with melted ice cream ontop :)

There is a yummy pan fried apple pie i like alot too... :) Love the flakey crust!

Now the pie is really an American thing. Not that we did not have similar things in Russia, but really not the same and definitely it was not nearly as popular. So to me it’s all new. I had to learn to like pies. My wife I have to say makes really good pecan-chocolate pie, apple pie and some others. I also have had really awesome pies in restaurants and other places. But I have to tell you Sam’s club used to carry this frozen apple pie buy and bake at home kind of deal. It was really out of this world. Unfortunately they do not anymore. When I tasted it first time, right in the store I think I was just standing near the lady who were giving out the taste until I ate probably the whole pie. It was absolutely amazing, ah too bad they do not carry it anymore….

Coconut cream and Key lime are my absolute favorite. When in Key West, I beeline for Kermit's Key Lime shop and get a slice with whipped cream.

I do love apple and peach too.

Pies, I love pies. Pies are my favorite dessert. There isn't one pie. There is all pies.

I love fruit pies. Blueberry is tops with apple and cherry close behind. All with two full, shiny, golden, brown crusts. No crumbles, lattices, please.

I love pecan pie. The sticky, gooey sweetness contrasted by the soft crunch and flavor of the nuts. Mmm!

Key lime pie, tart and in a real crust, not graham cracker.

Lemon meringue, wow. A puckeringly tart filling and a golden mountain of meringue on top.

The orange-colored trio of pies - pumpkin, squash and sweet potato. Creamy, custardy, melt-in-your-mouth goodness flavored with spices from far-away lands.

Cream pies! Pudding in a crust with whipped cream! Chocolate, banana, strawberry... can you think of a bad one?

Chiffon pies! Light airy goodness with fruit flavors.

A thick New York style cheesecake topped with a thick, chunky fruit topping. (yes, it's a pie by definition).

Shepherd's pie, chicken pie. Not dessert but PIES!

Ok, Ok, twist my arm and I'll admit I don't really care for rhubarb...

...but strawberry is great.

Drooling on the keyboard, gotta go get me some PIE!

Constance and Andy, and any of the rest of you like us; I think there are a few of us that should just give up on the "What's your favorite" category. I think it's safe to say that we've had, tasted, or made too many really good things to have favorites anymore. I mean, how do you pick which is your favorite of the probably hundreds of deserts that you love, or what cut of beef, when most of the, well all of them, if properly prepared can be made to taste not only good, but extraordinary. Same with cakes, pastries, meats, veggies, etc. I only have one thing that I know is an absolute favorite of mine, and that is a strange one, milk. It's my favorite drink of all time.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

When my mom was alive every birthday I got lemon meringue pie, I loved it now I have another fav, coconut cream one or the other love them both.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom