Best chocolate cake ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xmascarol1

Senior Cook
northern Michigan in the forest, overlooking a wat
this cake evidently is the most sought after recipe at the Epicurious website and this morning NBC Today show made it. It did look good and I thought maybe those folks around the world who don't get that show might like the recipe. Let me know if you have already made this and give us a review. I'm going to make it for Valentine's day.
Double Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe at Epicurious.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that segment of the Today Show, carol. The cake is so, so close to one that has been in my family for several generations. One of the slight differences between the two recipes is that my recipe makes a single layer in a 9- x 13-inch pan.

Based on the ingredients and method for the cake we saw this morning, I would imagine it's probably absolutely wonderful.

If you want to do a little comparing look at my recipe here.

I'll try any chocolate cake to find the perfect one! Thank you!

I'll try any chocolate cake to find the perfect one! Thank you!
Suzie,
I've made Katie's devils food cake...It is fantastic..I took two to the dialysis center last week and they were both gone in an hour...My grandkids love it as is without frosting..
kadesma

I have no choice here---I have to use anything that is cocoa powdered base because that's all that's available but they loved it just the same.........they are not used to chocolate cakes here

I have no choice here---I have to use anything that is cocoa powdered base because that's all that's available but they loved it just the same.........they are not used to chocolate cakes here

Not used to chocolate cakes?! Girl, that is so sad.

I would love to hear how the cakes turns out for whoever makes it...I am desiging my chocolate cake recipe right now so I'd love to see what everyone thought of this recipe...

Have a great day

WOW! Looks amazing and super chocolatey but oh my I don't want to find out how many calories per slice!!!

I'm drooling thinking about this cake now! Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom