I made my first yogurt cake. It is soo moist. I never used a bunt cake pan before it came out PERFECT! I used flavored yogurt instead of fresh fruit because I didnt have any fresh fruit. I cant wait to make it with fresh fruit.
Oh my gosh that sound like heaven right now..I'm sitting here with coffee and haven't had breakfast yet! Will you share the recipe?
My oven is on the fritz, but I'd love to stow a good recipe away for the future.
"What you have, eat"
8oz plain yogurt or flavored if you do not have fresh fruit
1/2c of soften butter
3 tbsp of lemon juice 2 tbsp reserved
2 1/2 c of flour 1/4c reserved
1/2tsp of baking soda
1/2tsp of salt
1/2tsp of vanilla
12 oz of fresh fruit
1 c of powder sugar
* preheated oven to 325
* grease pan
* mix 2 1/4 flour, baking soda, salt, and set aside
* cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy
* beat eggs in 1 at a time
* add 1 tbsp of lemon juice
* alternate 2 1/4 of the flour and yogurt
* mix 1/4c of flour & fresh fruit in seperate bowl & fold in
* pour in greased pan
* bake @ 325 for 30 mins or until toothpick is clean
* let cake cool before removing from cake pan
* mix 2 tbsp of lemon juice & powder sugar together in a double boiler
* drizzle glaze over cake