Cheesecake HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish432

Assistant Cook
Hi

My nan used to make an amazing Lemon Cheesecake but I can't seem to find the recipe anywhere. She's made it for as long as I can remember so it might be quite old!

Some of the ingredients I can remember are Lemon Jelly, Cottage Cheese, Sugar, Double Cream, Egg Whites and Lemon Juice - then for the base I'm sure it was digestive biscuits, melted butter and golden syrup.

If anyone has any ideas of the whole recipe I would appreciate it :)

I've never seen a cheesecake recipe using cottage cheese. Is that something different over there than what we call cottage cheese here in the States? Every recipe I know calls for cream cheese. Sorry I can't help you but it will be interesting to see if anyone here has ever heard of that before.

Interesting. When you say "digestive" biscuits I'm a bit curious.

However, my previous mother-in-law made a cheesecake crust that used baby's teething biscuits, zwieback.

As for the "body" of the cheesecake, I'm not familiar with the cottage cheese part.

Jabber, I was wondering if it were some sort of ricotta. The recipe you found sounds interesting. It states they made their own cottage cheese so again, I wonder if it's more of a ricotta.

Katie, digestives are a type of graham cookie in the UK. The ones we've had have been very good. Not quite as flat as our graham crackers but very similar flavor. We find them with chocolate coated bottoms. Wonderful with coffee!

Fish ... Could it have been lemon curd? We make a cheesecake that uses lemon curd on the top.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom