Cheesecake update! YIPEE (I think)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runninduo

Senior Cook
I took the cakepan bottom off the cake. It's just a very small section that got wet. For the most part, the crust looks fine. I decided to make the glaze after all. I just melted the ingredients......they are cooling as I type.

OK........i'm editing this post....topping cooled.....we cut it (my husband is taking it to work so I made him try it first.....lol. Only a very small area of the edge of the crust was soggy. The layers got a bit smudged when I cut it, but other than that it looks good for a 1st shot at a multi layered cheesecake.....

I took pictures........how to I post them. I'm guessing it's something with the img box up above, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks again to everyone who answered my cry for help, advice and/or support[/img]

That's great news, runninduo. You're so lucky that very little water seeped in. Congratulations!

man...when you nail a perfect cheesecake it is SO good. i happened to do that this weekend. all the planets were lined up or something but it turned out perfect. made a sour cream sauce for a 'frosting' and a pureed peach melba to drizzle on the cheesecake and the plate. had the doctor from across the river over for dinner [a simple one of grilled cornish hens and grilled veggies]. they left happy.

however, the potatoes were RAW after being on the grill for 45 minutes. they were sliced to about 3/8" and just didn't cook.

Back
Top Bottom