Excellent presentation added to a store bought cheesecake...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bacardi

Senior Cook
Person brought an awesome looking cake to an Xmas party yesterday. It was a store bought cheese cake that didn't have topping. The person put a layer of chocolate over the top, then dipped strawberries in chocolate and put them on top of the thin layer of chocolate. I wish I spoke to him more to discover how he did it.

If I were to attempt something like that, what type of supermarket chocolate should I buy? I assume I just melt it in a double broiler?

Person brought an awesome looking cake to an Xmas party yesterday. It was a store bought cheese cake that didn't have topping. The person put a layer of chocolate over the top, then dipped strawberries in chocolate and put them on top of the thin layer of chocolate. I wish I spoke to him more to discover how he did it.

If I were to attempt something like that, what type of supermarket chocolate should I buy? I assume I just melt it in a double broiler?

Just when I thought cheesecake couldn't get any better :pig:

Here's a sample recipe for the chocolate glaze.

Chocolate-Covered White Cheesecake

Last edited:
Thank you also for the link! I guess my question was, can I just melt chocolate chips or should I add bittersweet and add sugar and cream to make more of a ganache?

Back
Top Bottom