How to mail cupcakes without

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
I want to mail a batch of cupcakes and want them to arrive in tack and all, ya know? How do i need to pack it?

intact, perhaps? ;)
How far/how long will they be in the mail? Unfrosted, I would guess? I find cookies/dense bars easier to ship.
Lots of bubble wrap.

lol....i am so embarrassed..."intact" i mean...i was distracted when i was typing this.

from arkansas to denver colorado, and yep...i want to send them with frosting. I will be sending cookies too.

good luck. They will be stale by the time they arrive, and the frosting will probably be ruined. Unless you overnight them, frozen with dry ice. (special requirements), I simply wouldn't waste the postage on it.

If i make the cupcakes tonight and overnight the package without dry ice, then they would be ok? my main concern is them staying intact and icing not thrown everywhere. Is there some cupcake packaging or whatev that can make safe the delivery process?

At one time, a long, long time ago, I had limited success with breaking long toothpicks in half and sticking 4 or 5 into the frosting of each cake, (thick, blunt side out), and individually wrapping each one with plastic wrap. Then packing them into a box full of Styrofoam peanuts and marking "fragile" over the entire box. Almost 2/3 made it intact. Good luck!

Jessica, do you have a Michael's store or a cake decorating supply store near you? Because you can buy the plastic containers for muffins, etc. A bakery might even be able to sell you some or just buy some muffins at your grocery store and use those containers for your cupcakes. Put the containers into a sturdy cardboard box and pack tight around them. If you are mailing them then I would suggest not frosting them or using a low butter/milk recipe. You might even be able to get these containers online, but I am not sure they will get to you in time to mail your cupcakes.

I hope this helps. I use these to transport wedding cupcakes and they are wonderful.

Edit: Here is a link that might help. Cupcake Containers

Last edited:
You can use popcorn as packing material for your individually wrapped cookies. Mail the cupcakes in the muffin pan...you can find inexpensive foil ones. I'd send the frosting along in a jar, though.

I'll never forget the frosted birthday cake my mom sent to me from Illinois to Plattonville, La. I ate it with a spoon. It tasted good, though!

nice! thank you. i like the idea of getting one from a local bakery. i was at the grocery store today, looking at cupcakes in those plastic containers, thinking...if i could only get my hands on one of those...without the cupcakes already in them. :)

i have purchase round metal tins before (available at stores especially now) and they fit good - i put a peice of plastic wrap on top with the lid and had good experience with arrive good shape. I also have put them in unfrosted and then put in a contianer of frosting and a plastice knife and kids love to frost them when they arrive.

Back
Top Bottom