ISO Pumpkin Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
does anyone have a really good recipe for pumpkin cheesecake? i want to make one for today (halloween) and i cant seem to find one that doesnt have alot of ginger in it. . .im not to fond of the taste of it. i had one at olive garden and it was amazing! if anyone has one that is good and not with fresh or alot of ginger please help! thanks in advance :)

me

I know I have a couple recipes around here somewhere. I'll just have to dig a little. In the meantime, I'm sure you could omit the ginger in a recipe if there's one you like to use. Just add some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to up the flavor some.

Okay, I'm not really hijaking the thread, as it still pertains to the actual question at hand. It's a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake.
Anyone know if I would have to alter anything to this so that it will still be thick when I add the pumpkin? I don't like the egg recipes.

graham cracker crust
2-8oz cream cheese
1 small tub cool whip
1 tbls vanilla
1- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk

And then add the pumpkin and some allspice and cinnamon to make it pumpkin cheesecake.

Here's one I have. I haven't tried it. There's no ginger in it, however there is toffee (not sure if you're a toffee person). I'm sure that if you want to, you can leave the toffee out and go with a regular graham crust.

Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake
Yields: 10 Servings

For the crust:
1 c (about 14 to 16 cookies) crushed toffee shortbread cookies
2 ½ t Butter or margarine, melted
For the cheesecake:
2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
5/8 c Packed brown sugar
1 c Pumpkin puree
1 Egg
½ c Evaporated Milk
1 ¼ T Cornstarch
pinch Ground cinnamon
5/8 c chopped or crushed toffee candies, in all
For the topping:
1 ¼ c sour cream, at room temperature
5 t Granulated sugar
Vanilla extract, to taste

Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1” up side of 9” springform pan. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Beat cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Add pumpkin, eggs, evaporated milk, cornstarch and cinnamon; beat well. Stir in 1/3 c toffee pieces. Pour into crust. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven and top with 1/3 c toffee pieces. Combine sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract and remaining toffee pieces in small bowl; mix well. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan.

Not really a cheesecake per se, but Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake rocks! I made it a few weeks ago for a harvest party, and beat an extra 8 ounces of cream cheese with 1 egg and swirled it through the batter in the baking dish. You can find the recipe on Food Network's site. Just a suggestion!

Allen, your recipe looks Delish!

I've had my eye on this one.

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 3 hr 50 min
Makes: 8 servings

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Dash ground nutmeg
1/3 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping

MIX cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix until blended. Do not overbeat after adding eggs. Remove 1 cup batter; stir in pumpkin and spices. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; sprinkle bottom with crumbs.

POUR remaining plain batter into crust. Top with pumpkin batter.

BAKE at 325°F for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. of the whipped topping.

Allen,
I was just talking to kitchenelf about pumpkin cheesecake. I was wondering about using a ginger snap or gingerbread cookie ground up and used as "graham cracker" crust.
Otherwise your recipe sounds awesome.

kingfisherfd2 said:
Allen,
I was just talking to kitchenelf about pumpkin cheesecake. I was wondering about using a ginger snap or gingerbread cookie ground up and used as "graham cracker" crust.
Otherwise your recipe sounds awesome.

Oh, that sounds great! If you try it, please post your results!

A year or so ago, I had a cheesecake with some kind of caramel-flavored cookie-like crust. Maybe a sugar-cookie dough, pressed into the bottom of a springform pan, with brown sugar instead of white, or a mixture of both sugars?

It is amazing how much richer some things taste just by changing from white sugar to brown sugar.

Alright, I was here looking for a pumpkin cheesecake recipe a week or so because I wanted to make one for Thanksgiving at Kitchenelf's house.
I ended up wandering around the net and found one that sounded like it was exactly what I wanted on marthastewart.com.
I did change some of the sugar that was called for to a combination of white and brown sugar. 1/2c. brown in the filling and all brown sugar for the crust.
I will post a few pictures from making it, if you want the recipe it is located here.

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=tvs6501

I still need to make the whipped cream topping, but that can be done at the last min. Can't wait to taste it tomorrow. I got a preview last night, but it wasn't the full recipe.

Attachments

• getting ready.jpg
    getting ready.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 235
  • crust prep.jpg
    crust prep.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 230
  • crust after first bake.jpg
    crust after first bake.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 215
  • filling ready to pour.jpg
    filling ready to pour.jpg