ISO your best pineapple upside-down cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
I thought it would be a nice, springy thing to make for Easter dessert.
I usually use the one from my old BHG cookbook but it seems to be lacking something..... I'm not sure what!
I like it with plenty of gooey stuff, DH likes it sweet.
Not a fan of boxed cake mix.....
I'm still looking, just wondering what everyone else uses.

Thanks Jeff I bet the rum is the kick I'm missing....
Maybe if I used brandy instead??

Another good site to go to is: Taste.com.au and then just do a search for "Pineapple upside-down cake, and anything else that you may want to look up, I think its an Australian site with all our recipes from our favourite cookbooks on it. It has quite a lot, and is very good, so many books has the same recipe,but just making it in different ways is what makes all our recipes so versitile and special. I hope I'm allowed to give this site out on here, if not Im sure I will be told, Im not sure about these types of things, but I do Love this site and I use it quite regularly, It gives an in-sight into our magazines I s'pose, see what you think. I hope your cake turns out Yummy and Delish. Please let us know how it goes. See Ya!!
Sorry I cant work out how to get the web site to turn "Blue", like everybody else's does, maybe someone can help me to do it, Im so Dumb when it comes to these things, I thought it just automaticly turned Blue when I posted, obviously not!!, Can someone HELP.
Thanks.

Last edited:
i always just highlight the adress at the top of the screen in one window, copy it and paste it to my dc reply in another.

Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Ingredients

1/4 C. butter or margarine
1/4 C. packed brown sugar
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple slices, drained, cut in half
2 Tbs. chopped pecans, if desired
Maraschino cherries, if desired
1 1/2 C. Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/2 C. milk or water
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg

Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In 9-inch round pan or 8-inch square pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter. Arrange pineapple slices in single layer over sugar mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice (cherries with stems can be added after baking). In large bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving. Store loosely covered.

Makes: 8 servings

Back
Top Bottom